Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 09-30-2013, 09:29 PM   #1
Section8
Addict
Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Moon+ Reader on a cheap Android tablet
Liebenberg, Louis: The Origin of Science. v1. 30 Sep 2013

Hi all,
I've been lurking here at MobileRead for a while now, but this is my first ebook upload.

This is an epub conversion of The Origin of Science by Louis Liebenberg. This is distributed as a free PDF, released under Creative Commons, downloadable from the author's website at http://cybertracker.org/.

Summary:
Quote:
The Origin of Science addresses one of the great mysteries of human evolution: How did the human mind evolve the ability to develop science?

The art of tracking may well be the origin of science. Science may have evolved more than a hundred thousand years ago with the evolution of modern hunter-gatherers. Scientific reasoning may therefore be an innate ability of the human mind. This may have far-reaching consequences for self-education and citizen science.

The implication of this theory is that anyone, regardless of their level of education, whether or not they can read or write, regardless of their cultural background, can make a contribution to science. Kalahari Bushmen trackers have been employed in modern scientific research using GPS-enabled handheld computers and have co-authored scientific papers. Citizen scientists have made fundamental contributions to science. From a simple observation of a bird captured on a smart phone through to a potential Einstein, some may be better than others, but everyone can participate in science.
In case there are copyright concerns, I have obtained the author's permission to upload this here:

Quote:
Dear John

Thank you for converting my book to epub format.

Please feel free to upload this epub version of The Origin of Science to the Patricia Clark Memorial library.

with kind regards
Louis Liebenberg

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 12:50 AM, ... wrote:

Dr. Liebenberg,
I read with great interest your article, "Tracking Science", in the recent issue of Skeptic magazine (vol. 18, No. 3). I have also downloaded your ebook, The Origin of Science. I have taken the liberty of converting The Origin of Science to epub format (attached) for ease of reading on small ereader devices.

I am writing you to ask permission to upload this epub to the Patricia Clark Memorial library at https://www.mobileread.com/. This is a repository of public domain ebooks uploaded and maintained by forum members.

Thank you for you time,
John Moore
Arlington, TX
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Origin_of_Science,_The_-_Louis_Liebenberg.epub (2.33 MB, 344 views)
Section8 is offline   Reply With Quote