Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-10-2016, 02:44 PM   #916
damson
damson began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
@AcidWeb
Tried this but i get the same error on the Kindle. The mobi is well displayed as a new book, but when i click, it takes time, and after i get an error message.
damson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 03:58 PM   #917
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Upload source file somewhere and send me a PM with link.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 04-11-2016 at 09:13 AM.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2016, 01:34 PM   #918
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PyQT 5.6 was released today.

Expect new version of KCC this week.
Old 04-30-2016, 11:29 AM   #919
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Version 5.1 is out!
  • GUI now can be resized and high DPI support was somewhat improved
  • Added profile for Kindle Oasis
  • Implemented new error reporting mechanism
  • CLI version now support additional cropping options
  • Fixed permission issues on Windows
  • Fixed multiple smaller issues
Old 04-30-2016, 09:48 PM   #920
hhtien1408
Enthusiast
hhtien1408 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
How to choose stretch option in ver 5.1? Just uncheck and check, no intermediate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hhtien1408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2016, 12:49 AM   #921
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

I will release hotfix ASAP.
Old 05-01-2016, 04:02 AM   #922
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Version 5.1.1 is out!
  • Fixed multiple GUI bugs
Old 05-01-2016, 12:23 PM   #923
theSuperman
theSuperman began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have seen how the panel view works. However, it seems like any comic I try and create does not do the same thing. Double tapping only zooms in to each of the 4 corners, not actually zooming in on each panel. And it seems like the sample files do the same thing on my Kindle Paperwhite 1.

I have tried using the HQ zoom, stretch/upscale, etc and it still does the same thing. I am using a CBR file and exporting to Mobi/AZW3. Using 5.1.1 on Ubuntu.
theSuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 04:45 PM   #924
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Working as intended.

KCC create Panel View code that emulate Virtual Panel View minus margins.
Real Panel View require declaring all panels manually.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:10 AM   #925
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Version 5.1.2 is out!
  • Fixed error reporting
Old 06-12-2016, 06:25 AM   #926
PeppeBove
PeppeBove began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura
can i ask for a new feature?

i'm used to read some manga rotated of 90° (so they are bigger), can you add this option for bigger resolution?(like in HQ options)

my kobo aura have 1014x758 native resolution, i want that my manga be 1356x1014 res, to have right resolution when rotated.
i hope you can do that... and understand my english ;p

Last edited by PeppeBove; 06-12-2016 at 06:28 AM.
PeppeBove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 03:46 PM   #927
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Landscape mode for this type of content is completely useless on Kindle so I doubt that I will add it.
Old 07-07-2016, 08:13 PM   #928
Adimus
Adimus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Obviously I'm a complete noob. I downloaded the files but now I don't know how to install the program so that I can begin converting files. Can someone please tell me what to do next?
Adimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 12:51 PM   #929
hkckoo
Connoisseur
hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Aura One
Hello, I am completely dumbfounded, I already wasted like 5 hours on this thing and I got nowhere. Tried every setting possible and as a last resort, I am writing here. I found this amazing converter and it did some really neat stuff. I wanted to shrink in size some of my manga cbz files and the converter did it, from 500MB to 80MB, amazing.. except, the converter also added huge border of empty space around the whole page on every panel/page. I cannot use it in this state. The features were amazing, like spread splitter, and I was impressed by the size of converted images, but I bought a reader with slightly bigger screen so I can put to use every pixel of that screen. Anyone else is having issues with this?

Example here, the original image size:
http://i.imgur.com/jX2Ak0C.jpg
and here the converted image
http://i.imgur.com/06uzTKD.jpg
You can clearly see the difference.
It also doesnt matter what was the original image size, the border is still present.
It also doesnt matter what profile for converting I use, I also used Kindle PW/Oasis/etc and the results are the same
PS: when you use the kobo aura H2O profile, the converted image size has 1080x1430 resolution, but the screen is 1080x1440, kobo aura HD profile has the correct resolution of 1080x1440 set in.
//obviously I also tried to fit the contect to width and every other zoom option possible (I am using koreader), the converted pictures would be useful in nickel (zoom ticker function), but I dont want to use that OS.

Last edited by hkckoo; 07-17-2016 at 12:56 PM.
hkckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 12:57 PM   #930
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Use Kobo Aura H2O profile and enable upscaling or stretching. I just tested your file and size of output is correct.

You using EPUB output?

Kobo Aura H2O screen resolution is 1430x1080.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 07-17-2016 at 01:15 PM.

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools