Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-20-2011, 10:57 AM   #61
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
I simply cannot do sudoku. (Too dumb, I guess! LOL!) I get just so far and then I see an error and I have to start over again. But they are addicting, aren't they?
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:58 AM   #62
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
I sat next to someone on a flight to Las Vegas three or four years ago; there was one of these darned things in the airline magazine. *sigh* I've been hooked ever since. Free Cell, move over!
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2011, 12:35 PM   #63
Bobfreeze
Bobfreeze began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Another good games app is atilt 3d labyrinth from GetJar. Works great on the Vox and demonstrates its solid gyroscope.
Bobfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:38 PM   #64
MegaSilver
MegaSilver began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobfreeze View Post
Another good games app is atilt 3d labyrinth from GetJar. Works great on the Vox and demonstrates its solid gyroscope.
I'll give it another try, but I played it for about 10-15 minutes and it ate through my battery
MegaSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:51 PM   #65
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
I enjoyed this game too, that's interesting about the battery. Would the gyroscope cause the drain?
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2011, 11:09 PM   #66
moolyn
Rookie eBookie
moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch, Kobo Touch, iPad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
I'd like to recommend this version of free Sudoku for the Kobo Vox:

The developer website:
http://www.1gravity.com/index.php?op...d=74&Itemid=71

I had to download to my computer and transfer over via USB to install only because the androiddev website is, as noted earlier, a bit flakey.

I have already managed to waste several perfectly good reading hour playing this Sukodu instead ...
This is a great version! I easily downloaded it directly from the developer website by sending an email to myself with your links and clicking on this one.

Thanks for leading me astray! I had almost weaned myself from wasting time playing Sudoku before you posted this! I've only been doing the five section ones in the Saturday Toronto Star.

moolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 08:00 AM   #67
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
This thread should be particularly useful to everyone opening their new Voxes today! Too bad it doesn't have a sticky!
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 11:39 AM   #68
jr!
jr! began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
This thread should be particularly useful to everyone opening their new Voxes today! Too bad it doesn't have a sticky!
Yes, it should be, thanks for referring me to it.
I would recommend using the browser to install astro file manager first & then installing the apps.

Last edited by jr!; 12-25-2011 at 12:33 PM.
jr! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 05:40 PM   #69
jefftheworld
Groupie
jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Vox
I'll be putting up an updated version of each package soon (maybe tomorrow) and recommendations if yours will be taken into consideration and I'll include updated versions of the software where applicable.
jefftheworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 12:29 PM   #70
netscape04
netscape04 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Download apps

Tried to download the app package on my vox but it failed. Do you have any suggetions,please? Trying to get adobe flash.Thank you
netscape04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 01:13 PM   #71
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
You could try the links here:

http://goodereader.com/blog/electron...pps-and-tools/
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:10 PM   #72
misweetbaby
misweetbaby began at the beginning.

Unhappy Help :3

I know this is a pain in the ass but I've been doing everything to try to get these apps onto my Vox but I just can't seem to figure it out. They won't go in any folders I try to put them in.. Do you know what I can do ?
misweetbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:33 PM   #73
kidego
kidego began at the beginning.

Device: Vox
new to vox

Ok so pick this thing up today for my wife...

So I downloaded through my PC these apps and then moved them via usb cable to my Vox. If I understand this correctly this is the process to install them since it doesn't see them for some reason (feel like I'm using a mac)

1. Download apps to vox
2. Use Astro file manger to open apps, can't down load it using the vox wont let me on app brain site
3. Use android market place, found the app brian app to down load the astro app, but, it wont let me down load since its not a phone, I need a phone number
4. No more options?

So is there a way to get an app on the vox that will open or even see to open other apps that are transferred to the vox memory? I know its in the memory as I checked it in the settings under I think memory. I just can't install anything that I load from my pc?
kidego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:49 PM   #74
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
This is one of many ways to install apps, hope it will work for you...
1- use Jefftheworld's Best Apps download in the first post of this thread, download it to your computer
2- put each app (apk file) into an email which you will open on the Vox
3- open your email, click on the app to install, you should get the app manager and be able to proceed to install the app
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:57 PM   #75
lashansm
lashansm began at the beginning.

Device: vox
Why when i try to download your apps i get a download failedl, i have installed the root app
)
lashansm is offline   Reply With Quote