Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-01-2011, 11:00 PM   #1
king_robbie
king_robbie began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Can't connect to the library at all ("Connection Issue")

I've had my Vox for a couple days now and I loved it... until this morning. Everytime I tried to read books I already own, it wouldn't allow me to enter the "library", giving me the same message over and over before closing. It said:

Quote:
Connection issue

Kobo can't start right now because of a problem connecting to the Kobo server. Please try again in a little while.
Well, I tried again minutes later and got the same message. I left it alone all day and came back at night to try it again and got the same message. Turning it off and on didn't solve anything, Wifi and all my other apps worked perfectly -- except for the library and 'shop kobo'. I searched the error message on google and didn't get a single hit. Anyone else having this problem or have any sort of solution?
king_robbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:11 PM   #2
KoboJW
UX Lead, Kobo Vox
KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Boxes of Voxes
Hi Robbie,
This (obviously) shouldn't be happening if Wifi is working. We suspect that something has messed up your Kobo configuration, making the app unable to contact our servers. Can you re-run the Set up program for me? Setting > Kobo eReader Settings > Setup Kobo eReader

The most important part is to re-sign in with your account. Should get new config settings and get you going again. If not, please let me know...

James
KoboJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2011, 09:52 PM   #3
jacrider
jacrider began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I'm having the same issue. I tried creating my Kobo account again, but that didnt work. I checked my account on another Android device and all works fine. Just not on my new Vox.

A more concerning question is do I need a wifi connection to read the content on my device?

Thanks.
jacrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:54 PM   #4
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Nope. You don't need to be online to read things - just to sync new purchases or to use Kobo Pulse's "how many people liked/are reading this page" functions.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:42 PM   #5
jacrider

Messing around, I cleared the data for the Kobo application in an effort to try and recreate my Kobo account. Now the Kobo app fails - (process com.kobobooks.pegasus.android)

Oh dear.

Any ideas?
Advert
Old 11-02-2011, 11:06 PM   #6
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Did you rerun the Kobo Setup from Settings -> Kobo Reader Settings?
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:45 PM   #7
KoboJW
UX Lead, Kobo Vox
KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.

If you have cleared the app data, then you are no longer logged in. The Vox requires a logged in Kobo user. However, you should not be seeing the app failure - you should be taken back to the out of box set up app. If you haven't already, try signing back in through the Kobo set up app I pointed you to earlier.

If this doesn't work, you should try a factory reset.

James
Old 11-03-2011, 01:47 PM   #8
Shandiman
Shandiman began at the beginning.

Device: vox
I'm having the same problem. How do you factory reset?
Shandiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:55 PM   #9
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Factory reset hold volume up and power on for 10 seconds, release.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:34 PM   #10
KoboJW
UX Lead, Kobo Vox

Factory reset is:

Settings > Privacy > Factory Data Reset
Old 11-03-2011, 08:01 PM   #11
jacrider

The factory reset worked for me.

Back in business.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:08 PM   #12
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_robbie View Post
I've had my Vox for a couple days now and I loved it... until this morning. Everytime I tried to read books I already own, it wouldn't allow me to enter the "library", giving me the same message over and over before closing. It said:

Connection issue

Kobo can't start right now because of a problem connecting to the Kobo server. Please try again in a little while.

Well, I tried again minutes later and got the same message. I left it alone all day and came back at night to try it again and got the same message. Turning it off and on didn't solve anything, Wifi and all my other apps worked perfectly -- except for the library and 'shop kobo'. I searched the error message on google and didn't get a single hit. Anyone else having this problem or have any sort of solution?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacrider View Post
Messing around, I cleared the data for the Kobo application in an effort to try and recreate my Kobo account. Now the Kobo app fails - (process com.kobobooks.pegasus.android)

Oh dear.

Any ideas?
I have the same trouble. It was triggered when I slugged in a new SD card. I have tried signing out and in; no joy.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:50 PM   #13
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So, I did the factory reset thing but I can't log in with my standing Kobo account. I get this error message:

Create a New Account
Server Error in '/' Application
The resource can't be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for ...
Requested URL: /error.aspx

EDIT: A hard reboot later, it seems to be ok and I am back to square one (ie working).

Last edited by SensualPoet; 11-04-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:52 PM   #14
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
SP, had you tried the Kobo App only setup before resorting to the device reset?
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:53 PM   #15
SensualPoet
Wizard

Hmmm ... not sure what you mean by "Kobo App Only" setup. It's a bit troubling this appears to have struck by simply plugging in an SD card and that there did not appear to be a graceful way out.