Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-18-2011, 10:13 PM   #1
metal1369
Enthusiast
metal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" wifi
(Samsung Gtab P1010) will upgrading my firmware upgrade my android too?

i recently connected my samsung gtab P1010 to my pc via Kies.
it requested me to upgrade my firmware to PDA:KC2 / CSC:KC2 (XTC)

will this be an upgrade of android also?

if yes, should i upgrade or should i stick to my original firmware.

thank you.
metal1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:27 PM   #2
metal1369
Enthusiast
metal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" wifi
so can anyone answer this. everytime i connect my gtab to kies.
so is upgrading the firmware different from upgrading the android version

i don't want to go blindly doing it without knowing, i might end up regretting it.
metal1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2011, 10:57 PM   #3
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Depends on the firmware manybe it just fixes only or it could be an android version update
If you want to find if this firmware updates your Android version or not.
Check out http://www.sammobile.com they have the details of firmware releases
and I just checked it does not seem to update your android version
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:07 PM   #4
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
What version of Android do you have now? You can tell by going to Menu->Settings->about Device. Near the bottom of the page will be "Firmware Version" If it says 2.3.? then your upgrade is only a security upgrade or bug fix, but if it says 2.2.? it is probably a version upgrade to 2.3.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote