Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 09-16-2007, 08:02 PM   #121
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Some people have been requesting books because they haven’t been able to find them easily online, particularly if they are not in Project Gutenberg. They might like to try one of these sites.

The Online Books page at:
http://onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu

Also

Digital Book Index at
http://www.digitalbookindex.com

Both have very reliable search facilities and search PG and a number of other archives and libraries.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:58 AM   #122
humandroid
Connoisseur
humandroid began at the beginning.

I'd like to have "In Pursuit of Valis: Selections from the Exegesis" by Philip K. Dick
It's a fairly rare out of print book that I own and would like to read but I'm afraid I'll damage it.
humandroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2007, 03:49 AM   #123
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by humandroid View Post
I'd like to have "In Pursuit of Valis: Selections from the Exegesis" by Philip K. Dick
It's a fairly rare out of print book that I own and would like to read but I'm afraid I'll damage it.
Is this book in the public domain, or, if not, do you have the permission of the copyright holder to reproduce it? Please don't ask for copyrighted material to be posted here - this is a "legit" site.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:21 AM   #124
humandroid
Connoisseur
humandroid began at the beginning.

The book is rare and no longer in print.
It sells from between $90.00 to $1250.00 on abebooks.com
Like I said, I already own it but I am afraid of messing it up so I haven't read it.
I didn't ask anyone to steal it.
I just said I would like to have it.
I have not been able to find it in ebook form.
If you can find it for sale somewhere in ebook form please let me know.
humandroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:34 AM   #125
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This forum section is for requesting books to be uploaded to MobileRead. It is strictly for out of copyright material, or material posted with the permission of the copyright holder.

We have to be very careful about what's posted, or we risk the site being closed down.
Advert
Old 12-17-2007, 02:08 PM   #126
woldinghamuk
Enthusiast
woldinghamuk doesn't litterwoldinghamuk doesn't litter

Device: ebookwise 1150 + sony reader 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by humandroid View Post
The book is rare and no longer in print.
It sells from between $90.00 to $1250.00 on abebooks.com
Like I said, I already own it but I am afraid of messing it up so I haven't read it.
I didn't ask anyone to steal it.
I just said I would like to have it.
I have not been able to find it in ebook form.
If you can find it for sale somewhere in ebook form please let me know.
I think this was just a case of being "unclear". Next time he will be more careful.
woldinghamuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:28 PM   #127
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Re-format request

Hi, wizards! I see "Three Men in a Boat" and "Les Miserables" uploaded here, but I'd like to read them on a Kindle (when it arrives). I'm a mac person, so I don't have the PC conversion tools. If anybody could easily make kindle-able formats of the above, I'd love it! MOBI, RTF, TXT .... I'm not picky. Even if it has to be "part1" and "part2" for the longer of the above books.

Meanwhile, I've downloaded 130 some OTHER classics, for my spare reading time!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:40 PM   #128
cmbs
non-believer
cmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3, JetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddorfdeb View Post
Hi, wizards! I see "Three Men in a Boat" and "Les Miserables" uploaded here, but I'd like to read them on a Kindle (when it arrives). I'm a mac person, so I don't have the PC conversion tools. If anybody could easily make kindle-able formats of the above, I'd love it! MOBI, RTF, TXT .... I'm not picky. Even if it has to be "part1" and "part2" for the longer of the above books.

Hi

If you're not picky, you can get them both in text format at Project Gutenberg.

Three Men in a Boat
http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/308

Les Miserables
http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/135

I think Project Gutenberg is about the bestest site on the internet.
cmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:35 AM   #129
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:

Try looking on Manybooks.net and Munseys.com. Both sites take stuff like that and transform it to a variety of different electronic formats.

For instance:
http://manybooks.net/titles/jeromejeetext953boat10.html
http://manybooks.net/titles/hugovictetext94lesms10.html

http://www.munseys.com/book/7494/Three_Men_in_a_Boat
http://www.munseys.com/book/5897/Les_Miserables

Conversions posted here are likely to be better over all, but if you don't see it here, those are excellent places to look.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:49 AM   #130
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:

Use the Feedbooks download guide: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17465

Easiest way to get public domain books on your Kindle, you don't even need your mac !
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:02 PM   #131
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

I've posted Three Men in a Boat in BBeB, Mobi, and EB1150 formats.

BBeB: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?p=139727
Mobi: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?p=139735
EB1150: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?p=139732
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 04:07 PM   #132
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
May I have an official ruling, please? I would love to post the English translation by Mahadev Desai of Gandhi's autobiography. It is not at Project Gutenberg and Google Books won't show it with an unlimited view either. But it is very widely available on the internet including, for example, at Wikisource here. But their "source" page, which is here, does not read like a sound justification for posting it. So I ask: should I or shouldn't I? Thanks in advance for your help.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 03:36 AM   #133
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
May I have an official ruling, please? I would love to post the English translation by Mahadev Desai of Gandhi's autobiography. It is not at Project Gutenberg and Google Books won't show it with an unlimited view either. But it is very widely available on the internet including, for example, at Wikisource here. But their "source" page, which is here, does not read like a sound justification for posting it. So I ask: should I or shouldn't I? Thanks in advance for your help.
Sorry, but no. The fact that "the copyright holder doesn't mind" is not an excuse for copying it.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:11 AM   #134
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Sorry, but no. The fact that "the copyright holder doesn't mind" is not an excuse for copying it.
Isn't that the same thing that the copyright holder has given permission? And shouldn't it be OK then?
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 06:33 AM   #135
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Have you read the page linked to, Tommy? It all sounds very "dodgy" to me. I'd really rather not take the chance here at MR.