Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-06-2019, 05:05 PM   #1
JackErbes
Enthusiast
JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.

Device: K4 Non Touch, Fire HD (3rd Gen)
"One Click" Rooting S9 Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960U

Has anyone used this "one click" software package to successfully root an S9 SM-G960U?

It is described here: https://www.search4roots.com/how-to-...-android-oreo/

It says to "..Open ‘Developer Options’ and enable USB debuggin..." as part of the process, is that a setting on the phone itself? I can't seem to find it on my phone...

I'm willing to give it a try but would first like to know if it has worked for anyone else yet...

My S9 has Android version 9 on it...

Jack
JackErbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 07:35 PM   #2
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Not sure about the S9 but most devices if you find your way from Settings to System then About Phone (or whatever terminology they use, I'm quoting pure Android) then to the installed software version. Keep tapping on the Software Build Number and you should soon be told that a few more taps will make you a "developer".
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 07:52 PM   #3
JackErbes
Enthusiast
JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.

Device: K4 Non Touch, Fire HD (3rd Gen)
OK, Thanks for that. There is a Developer Options section just below the Settings > About Phone section. And in that section is a USB Debugging setting with an On/Off slider next to it. So that is probably it.

I am normally using Mint Linux and will have to get to my Windows 7 install to install and run the OneClick.exe application as that is not offered in a Linux version. I have not used W7 in a long time and need to get that up to date first so it will take a day or so.

Jack
JackErbes is offline   Reply With Quote