Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-14-2014, 02:50 PM   #31
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phunnylinguist View Post
[ What exactly do you mean by "won't render properly"? ]

I was wondering the same.

There's a site I go to for DRM-free ebook titles, where Epubs, mobi and pdf's make up the majority of download format options. azw3 is a very rare occurrence. Thanks to this thread I've been enlightened *not* to go the epub-to-mobi-to-azw3 route.

Which would be your personal preference for conversion, epub to azw3 or leave it at mobi for a Kindle Paperwhite?
AZW3, hands down. The reason it isn't offered more freely is because they are probably still using mobipocket creator to make them.

Never mind that kindlegen is permitted for non-commercial use.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 03:02 PM   #32
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
That sounds very odd, what can I say.

Anyway, I'd probably just email Amazon a dual-MOBI if I wanted syncing.
Oh, it must be user error on my part. I will try dual MOBI next time.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
azw, mobi, preference