Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-04-2011, 06:48 PM   #16
hieronymos
Groupie
hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.

Device: Kobo Vox

Last edited by hieronymos; 12-04-2011 at 06:53 PM. Reason: not my cup of tea
hieronymos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:51 AM   #17
Ellio
Ellio began at the beginning.

Device: Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemaker View Post
If someone could dump his stock SD Card content as an imagefile so that we can have the micro sd card stock that would fix our problem with the flashing light.

The recovery can be performed but the device still stays softbricked since the data on other partitions is corrupted.

Anyone can dump the content of his sd card?
If someone does this and it works I'll love whoever does it forever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hieronymos View Post
????
Ellio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:02 PM   #18
hieronymos
Groupie
hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.

I doubt you'll get someone who will give you a dump with his Kobo and maybe Facebook account in it. And you need to enter that info in order to enable USB debugging in order to adb and then dump.
Did you try to see Indigo? They may have these images.
Otherwise, make some noise at Kobo!

You have warranty!

Either way, nobody here knows how to flash something through a cable. And If you bricked it because you opened the Vox, then you should be the first to have an SD dump.

Last edited by hieronymos; 12-05-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:40 PM   #19
Ellio
Ellio began at the beginning.

Device: Vox
Quote:
I doubt you'll get someone who will give you a dump with his Kobo and maybe Facebook account in it. And you need to enter that info in order to enable USB debugging in order to adb and then dump.
Did you try to see Indigo? They may have these images.
Otherwise, make some noise at Kobo!

You have warranty!

Either way, nobody here knows how to flash something through a cable. And If you bricked it because you opened the Vox, then you should be the first to have an SD dump.
Currently making as much "noise" as I can at Kobo, their customer service is frustrating to no extent... The warranty is a 30 day from purchase right?

I've contacted Kobo about a dozen times since this issue started two weeks ago, and I've had a single reply, that it was moved up to tier-2, that reply took 6 days to come. By the time I get a *real* reply, I can almost guarantee that my warranty will have expired by then and they're doing it purposefully.
Ellio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:56 PM   #20
hieronymos
Groupie

The warranty is a year at Kobo. You have 30 days to return the thing, if you have bought it in a store that does it.
http://kobo.intelliresponse.com/inde...0Kobo%20offer?

Did you try Indigo?
Old 12-05-2011, 03:06 PM   #21
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
The warranty is a year at Kobo. You have 30 days to return the thing, if you have bought it in a store that does it.
http://kobo.intelliresponse.com/inde...0Kobo%20offer?

Did you try Indigo?
I second this...
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote