Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-14-2014, 06:52 PM   #136
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salgueiros View Post
Is she Argentinian? Scottish?
Irish?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 11:04 PM   #137
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia
Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T2, Sony PRS T3, Sony DPT-RP1
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Irish?
Could be too...
Salgueiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2014, 11:46 AM   #138
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Did anyone watch the England vs. Italy game?
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:57 PM   #139
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
Did anyone watch the England vs. Italy game?
We're not talking about that one
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 01:01 PM   #140
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
I didn't see it. Was Italy's win deserved?
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2014, 01:05 PM   #141
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, I think it probably was. England played OK I thought, but Italy were just a little bit better on the night.
Old 06-15-2014, 01:48 PM   #142
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

World Cup Fever!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
We're not talking about that one
Ah so you're English

The next game against Uruguay will be tough. Even though they lost against Costa Rica, since both teams lost their first matches, they will want to perform better in the next one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
I didn't see it. Was Italy's win deserved?

Sterling, Welbeck, and Sturridge's performances in the match did not disappoint. Rooney on the other hand, I don't know what to say, even though he assisted for the only goal he did not play well. That corner kick was terrible; one of the worst corner kicks I have ever seen. As a team, England played somewhat better than Italy in the first half. But the Italians were on top of the game in the second half. If England wants to go far in the tournament, they will have to do a lot better. Was Italy's win deserved? Yes.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:09 PM   #143
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Disappointing first half from Argentina. They're lucky to be in the lead and will have to improve a lot to win the tournament.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:40 PM   #144
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia
Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T2, Sony PRS T3, Sony DPT-RP1
For a long time since i can remember, I liked how England played. They lost but i think they have a good chance of passing the group stage. That Raheem Sterling gave a good show.

What is happening with Rooney in the England team? He looks dreadful.
Salgueiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:41 PM   #145
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Wow, what a finish to the Switzerland vs Ecuador game. I've been recording the games and I'm just catching up. The teams sure haven't been playing for a draw this year.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:23 AM   #146
Gazella
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salgueiros View Post
What is happening with Rooney in the England team? He looks dreadful.

Rooney plays really well when it comes to club games. But he doesn't do well in the national team. It's a mystery to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
Wow, what a finish to the Switzerland vs Ecuador game. I've been recording the games and I'm just catching up. The teams sure haven't been playing for a draw this year.

Agreed! I didn't expect it to be a fun game to watch but it really was. I was impressed. This WC games have so far been very enjoyable as opposed to the last.
Old 06-16-2014, 11:20 AM   #147
Gazella
Wizard

Anyone else excited for the upcoming match between Germany and Portugal??!
Old 06-16-2014, 11:31 AM   #148
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Yes. Although I just saw the starting line up for the Germans and it doesn't look as strong as I thought. I'd certainly be concerned about Ronaldo getting at Mertersacker. Mertersacker has the turning circle and acceleration of a supertanker.

Should be a great game though and I'll predict a tight victory for Portugal.
Old 06-16-2014, 11:40 AM   #149
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
^Definitely the best match today on paper for me.

The games have been absolutely stunning. Only one game with fewer than 3 goals scored. Many teams are really pushing play and the spectators are the true winners.

I should be savoring each day, but I can't wait for Wednesday when Group B starts to sort itself out. Even having picked Spain to advance, I'm firmly behind Chile in that match.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 12:37 PM   #150
Gazella
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Yes. Although I just saw the starting line up for the Germans and it doesn't look as strong as I thought. I'd certainly be concerned about Ronaldo getting at Mertersacker. Mertersacker has the turning circle and acceleration of a supertanker.

Should be a great game though and I'll predict a tight victory for Portugal.

I predicted this in another forum. 3:1 for Germany.