Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-22-2009, 11:53 AM   #1
dek
Enthusiast
dek began at the beginning.

Device: PRS600, iPod touch
Kindle DX Shipping Date

Has anyone preordered Kindle DX? If you have, do you see the shipping date? I just want to know when it is available.

Thanks.
dek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:56 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Dek,

Nobody knows when it will be available - not even Amazon, probably. It is entirely dependent upon PVI's ability to manufacture 9.7" screens, and those are only being produced in sample quantities at present.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2009, 04:16 PM   #3
Slow_hand
Groupie
Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
I ordered within minutes of the presser. I (or someone else) will be sure to post a delivery date as soon as we get it. - and then one of my other Kindles goes on the block.
Slow_hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 10:18 AM   #4
Digriz
Digriz began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505/kindle 2/dr1000
I ordered before the event. When one of the blogs put up the order page. Still no release date. Oh well Kindle 2 is still doing well. Just wanted to read some of my pdf's.
Digriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 10:21 AM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digriz View Post
I ordered before the event. When one of the blogs put up the order page. Still no release date. Oh well Kindle 2 is still doing well. Just wanted to read some of my pdf's.
And have you all voted in my poll??? Click on the linky........Again, only if you've pre-ordered the DX can you vote........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2009, 11:54 AM   #6
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
The Amazon Kindle DX page now shows it available on June 10, 2009
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:55 AM   #7
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
BREAKING:

This item will be released on June 10, 2009.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:57 PM   #8
Digriz
Digriz began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505/kindle 2/dr1000
My preorder still has no date assigned. Ordered May 6, 10:52am
Digriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:17 PM   #9
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/01/a...-on-june-10th/

Here is the article discussing the release date on Engadget.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:17 PM   #10
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle
shipping announced

June 10!
davidspitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:38 PM   #11
andrys
Explorer
andrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindles,SurfacePro2,NookColor,Pocket Edge,Samsung 10.1 Tab,S2 phone
Last time out (release of Kindle 2), they actually shipped a day earlier than announced.

And now, while so many anticipated August would be the 'Summer' date, they're 'early' again.

The Pixel Qi may be the shove that did it. Now they can concentrate on heading that off at the pass. Did Bezos KNOW about it when he announced color Kindles would be a matter of 'multiple years' off ?

But, the Pixel Qi can't be put into devices, contracts gathered, and anything released until first part of 2010.

The interesting statement, for me, was that the new dual-mode screen (reflective and emissive) will be "well under $200."

The e-Ink one has been said to be $60 (and that was called expensive). But the difference is no more than about $100 and it's my prediction that people will value the dual-modes over wireless feature if a competitor comes out with it first. Amazon can still grab that technology for the next big model, continue with free wireless, continue to lead the field, but they'll have to get moving on it.

- Andrys
http://kindleworld.blogspot.com
andrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:00 PM   #12
Slow_hand
Groupie
Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Amazon does not need to lead the field at all. It's strictly a vehicle to sell books.How many are they selling on the Iphone?
Old 06-02-2009, 02:13 AM   #13
Studio717
Addict
Studio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enough

Device: Various Kindles, iPhone, iPad, Galaxy 10.1
Est. delivery date: June 11. Woo-hoo!
Studio717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #14
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
June 12th!
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:32 AM   #15
Slow_hand
Groupie

Had to cancel my order. I came to my senses as we (my wife and I) are going to have to pay mucho, mucho, dinero to send my youngest son to college this fall. As I had posted on another thread, he will need one of the highest costing notebooks out there.

As my wife just got laid off and will even lose her unemployment benefits due to an upcoming surgery and looonng recovery time, it just did not make sense for me to make this expenditure when I have a perfectly fine K2. Next year, I may reconsider as our situation will be better.

Hey everybody, enjoy yours! I will take my pleasure in your pleasure, if you don't mind.