Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-08-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
gadgetdude
gadgetdude can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gadgetdude can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gadgetdude can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gadgetdude can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gadgetdude can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gadgetdude can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gadgetdude can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gadgetdude can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gadgetdude can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gadgetdude can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gadgetdude can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Glo
Best way to import B&N Library?

I used to have a Nook v1 along with a collection of epubs from various stores and free sources I have about 100 books in my B&N account. I sold the Nook almost a year ago and had been using my iPad to read but have decided I really prefer e-ink and have a Kobo Glo on the way.

What is the best way to import the B&N books into Calibre? I have the B&N desktop app and by refreshing it downloaded all the epubs from B&N into a local directory. I then did a mass import into Calibre but they all came in under the cryptic filename that B&N uses and I can't download any metadata or covers. Please tell me there is an easier way then manually editing the metadata in Calibre!

Thanks
gadgetdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:42 PM   #2
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Unless you've googled "Apprentice Alf", the books are probably all DRM protected and there's little that calibre can do with the files.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2013, 05:49 PM   #3
gadgetdude
gadgetdude can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gadgetdude can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gadgetdude can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gadgetdude can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gadgetdude can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gadgetdude can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gadgetdude can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gadgetdude can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gadgetdude can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gadgetdude can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gadgetdude can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Glo
Thanks
gadgetdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:21 AM   #4
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Unless you've googled "Apprentice Alf", the books are probably all DRM protected and there's little that calibre can do with the files.
That's not entirely true. There are quite a few DRM-free books for sale at B&N. Unfortunately there is absolutely no indication of that, so you would still need to feed everything through Alf's tools anyway.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote