Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 01-29-2010, 12:27 AM   #166
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshirase View Post
I would like to request a PRC format of

The Kybalion - Three Initiates

Source:
http://www.kybalion.org/

I can't find any source on the internet and I don't know how to convert it to PRC format
The website also has the book in ePub format. That can be converted to Mobipocket using the free, open source Calibre application, and will be a better starting point for conversion than the PDF you provided.

(PDF conversion is dicey. The freeware Mobi Creator application can use a PDF as input to create a Mobi volume, but how well it does depends on the PDF.)
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:10 AM   #167
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
(Duplicated info)
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 05:34 AM   #168
bshirase
bshirase began at the beginning.

Device: none
any chance for someone to convert it to prc?

thanks
bshirase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:22 AM   #169
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Re the Kybalion: this book is widely available. There is a Wikipedia entry on it, with links to some of the locations.
It is even on Project Gutenberg:
http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/14209
where an experimental PRC/mobi version is available for download.
It's perfectly legible but has some formatting defects.
I'm busy with some other conversions but will try and find time to make a conversion later today, or tomorrow.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:20 PM   #170
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've now converted it:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...532#post766532

(There are also versions in LRF, LIT and IMP.)
Old 02-22-2010, 04:52 PM   #171
Bobette
Bobette began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
I've also been looking for this but haven't found it.
I'm slowly working my way through a very poor scan of "Have his Carcase." When I've corrected that then I may just scan and edit my paper copy of "The Documents in the Case." But it won't be for a couple of months.
I was wondering if you've been able to make any progress with Have His Carcase. I started working my way through a re-reading of Sayers after many years, but didn't want to leapfrog over that one to Gaudy Night if Carcase was on the way. To echo another writer, I don't mean to be greedy, but finding the other Sayers books here has been such a treat.

Last edited by Bobette; 02-22-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Bobette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:34 PM   #172
Patricia
Reader

The scan has a lot of text cut off at the margins, and is slow going. I think tha it will be about another month or six weeks, as I'm doing a few pages a day.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:19 AM   #173
Caroline
Caroline began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2 kindleDX
Book request

Hi

I'm fairly new to the forum and I have really enjoyed reading the Laura Ingalls Wilder books which I downloaded to my Kindle 2. It was like taking a step back into my childhood reading them again. Please would it be possible to request The Last Four Years.

Many Thanks, if it is possible.

Kind Regards

Caroline
Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:53 AM   #174
Patricia
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline View Post
Hi

I'm fairly new to the forum and I have really enjoyed reading the Laura Ingalls Wilder books which I downloaded to my Kindle 2. It was like taking a step back into my childhood reading them again. Please would it be possible to request The Last Four Years.

Many Thanks, if it is possible.

Kind Regards

Caroline
It's "The First Four Years." This was published posthumously in 1971, so is still in copyright, which is why I haven't been able to upload a copy.
Maybe, in 9 years' time...
Old 05-05-2010, 02:17 PM   #175
stevetuf
iRex iLiad enthusiast
stevetuf began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
I am trying to find a copy of the Pinsky translation of the Inferno of Dante Alighieri for my iRex iLiad. So far, I have turned up nothing, for love or money, believe it or not! I cannot even find a copy-protected version to buy even...! Anyone know where I can find this?
Thanks for your response!
stevetuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:30 AM   #176
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I don't find it surprising that you don't find a commercial ebook version of a translation of 14th century poetry... You can forget about finding it here, at MobileRead, at least until 50 years after the death of Mr. Pinsky (to whom I wish a long life).

But, if you can do with the Longfellow translation, it's available right here.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:48 PM   #177
seagull
Addict
seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
Can anyone create a bilingual (English and French) version of Antoine de Saint-Exupery's Le Petit Prince (110th anniversary of Saint-Exupery's birth this year)? Thanks!
seagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 05:02 AM   #178
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull View Post
Can anyone create a bilingual (English and French) version of Antoine de Saint-Exupery's Le Petit Prince (110th anniversary of Saint-Exupery's birth this year)? Thanks!
I'm sure someone could if it is available to be created. It was published in 1943 - I can't find it at Project Gutenberg....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 09:03 AM   #179
seagull
Addict
seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I'm sure someone could if it is available to be created. It was published in 1943 - I can't find it at Project Gutenberg....
Well there are certainly a few different versions here on Mobileread:

English, Illustrated version by Patricia
French, Illustrated version by Jellby
seagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:08 AM   #180
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Well found ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote