Notices

Old 06-17-2015, 08:53 PM   #1
type3secretion
type3secretion began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
"old mobi" output with Calibre breaks hyperlinks with images

This was raised two years ago in this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...rlinked+images

But there doesn't seem to have been an answer.

I compose books in Sigil, output as EPUB, read into Calibre, output as "old mobi" and upload to Kindle Direct. The images are fine but they are no longer hyperlinked in the mobi format output by Calibre (the ones I have hyperlinked in the EPUB).

I find that only the "old mobi" does this, but not the "new" or .azw3, i.e., the newer mobi formatting does preserve the hyperlinked images.

However, I use "old mobi" as it tends to minimize the "damage" of conversion (and headaches trying to fix it), except for this one feature (hyperlinked images; hyperlinked text is fine).

Is there a work around in the Calibre settings for "old mobi" that will preserve these hyperlinks?

I had posted this in another forum, but am trying to delete that as this seems the more appropriate location for this question)
type3secretion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:58 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The old mobi format does not support hyperlinked images.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 11:15 PM   #3
type3secretion
type3secretion began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The old mobi format does not support hyperlinked images.
Well, that's simple then!
type3secretion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 05:51 AM   #4
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by type3secretion View Post
I compose books in Sigil, output as EPUB, read into Calibre, output as "old mobi" and upload to Kindle Direct.
That's unnecessarily complex. Epubs convert just fine on the KDP, so you can upload the same file there as you do anywhere else.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote