Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-16-2011, 07:07 AM   #196
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thierry.C View Post
What are your reason(s)? Legibility or dirty related reason?
Legibility. The text appears more readable to me surrounded by a black frame than when surrounded by white. Perhaps it's glare off the white frame.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:34 AM   #197
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Hi,
I prefer a black model, I think it's better for the contrast between the screen and the border.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:16 AM   #198
Onyx Europe
Distributor
Onyx Europe is on a distinguished road

Device: Onyx Boox M91S
We are going to ship the Onyx Boox M91S today!
Onyx Europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:03 AM   #199
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Hmm.. It looks like the Onyx guys "solved" the problem with the IR button. Now it does not response at all or only after you swish at least 10-20 times over it..
It seems they have reduced the sensitivity of it too much.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:15 AM   #200
Shinra tensei
Connoisseur
Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.

Device: Sony DPT-s1, Pocketbook 903, Onyx M90, iPad 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hmm.. It looks like the Onyx guys "solved" the problem with the IR button. Now it does not response at all or only after you swish at least 10-20 times over it..
It seems they have reduced the sensitivity of it too much.
It's always better then a piece of paper over it, isn't it?

Or perhaps your finger are very cold... . I think i will have to perform sexual activities before using my M90 in future...

Last edited by Shinra tensei; 06-16-2011 at 09:27 AM.
Shinra tensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:29 AM   #201
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinra tensei View Post
It's always better then a piece of paper over it, isn't it?

Or perhaps your finger are very cold... . I think i will have to perform sexual activities before using my M90 in future...
Indeed It is better to to perform sexual activities INSTEAD of using a M90 in future.. Especially if those are not only activities to get your fingers hot

Last edited by Booxtor; 06-16-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:42 AM   #202
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker
AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi (Screen Broken)
I'm too waiting for people to get some M90 and talk about them to decide, I want a 9.7" for PDF's, Manga and such

I'm deciding between Pocketbook Pro 902/903 and Onyx Boox M91S/M90, and I'm becoming more inclined to the Onyx one, it's a damn beautiful reader too but some people talked about the Pocketbook Pro disaster, what are you referring to? If someone can link to me some information I would appreciate.

This one it's just coming out now too, so it is expected some issues, that's gonna be solved as more people have it and report the problems

And while I think Kindle 3 it's still one of the best eReaders, I think Kindle DX isn't even near the top of 9.7", at least for me. It doesn't make sense having a hardware keyboard for something of that size and the functionality isn't that great, should be equal to Kindle 3 at least. Maybe using Duokan with it, but I still think it's ugly as hell xD
AkumaTakeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:00 AM   #203
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I don't see how the software would know it's in sunlight or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTH View Post
If the software was using a fixed number of "IR-change" (have no idea what kind of measurement they have) it could cause problems in extreme situations (which sunlight could be). If they changed it to a percentage instead it would behave much better.

I have no idea if this is even remotely close to what they have done but it is an example where a software change could fix a problem like this.
JSWolf it is like CTH says. The sensors have a range of output, call it 1-5. you can change the firmware to react differently to that range, and you change the timing of the reaction.

so if previously when the output was "2" the firmware did "action A" you change it to "action b" and have that change made only if the output remains 2 for a certain amount of time.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:25 AM   #204
OphReader
Connoisseur
OphReader began at the beginning.

Device: 902
Ebookreaderstore.de just sent me an e-mail that they just shipped my M91s. It will be delivered early next week, I suppose.
OphReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:07 PM   #205
chchch
chchch began at the beginning.

Device: nan
On first glance the the Pocketbook Pro 902/903 and the Onyx Boox M91S/M90 are quite similar, so if someone will know both ... ?

Another thing I'd love to know is how much the battery of a M91s last longer compared with an M90?
Does the processor really make a difference when it comes to large pdfs? Mine do quite regular have 20 MB...

Can anyone seriously imagine making annotations/marks with this stylus black on black and white? And there still is no export function...
Or do you really need it for navigation in pdfs?
chchch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:47 PM   #206
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chchch View Post
On first glance the the Pocketbook Pro 902/903 and the Onyx Boox M91S/M90 are quite similar, so if someone will know both ... ?

Another thing I'd love to know is how much the battery of a M91s last longer compared with an M90?
Does the processor really make a difference when it comes to large pdfs? Mine do quite regular have 20 MB...

Can anyone seriously imagine making annotations/marks with this stylus black on black and white? And there still is no export function...
Or do you really need it for navigation in pdfs?

Just a little patience please Tomorrow I am going to upload some videos with both devices. At the moment is the PocketBook reader (PB Pro 903) clearly the winner of the comparison. It is much faster, is very stable and looks more classy. Just one thing I like better on M90 - the "hide margins" mode by PDF settings.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:02 PM   #207
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker
AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi (Screen Broken)
Quote:
Just a little patience please Tomorrow I am going to upload some videos with both devices. At the moment is the PocketBook reader (PB Pro 903) clearly the winner of the comparison. It is much faster, is very stable and looks more classy. Just one thing I like better on M90 - the "hide margins" mode by PDF settings.
I'll be waiting for it then

But remember 903 was delaying a lot too, I don't even know if we can already have it or not. But software things gets fixed with time, I'll only buy my 9.7" in the end of summer, so I have time to consider
AkumaTakeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:47 PM   #208
CyGuy
Avid Reader
CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 902, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, ASUS TF700, and Cybook Gen III
Quote:
I am also looking forward to this comparison. I am still on the fence, I have been going back and forth between the PB Pro 902 and the M91S. I am not sure about that huge border around the screen on the PB Pro 902, but if it functions better as a PDF reader I may still consider it. Can't wait to see your comparison, thanks!
CyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:03 AM   #209
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Dulin books has the M90 for $379 now and you can order in in Black http://www.dulinsbooks.com/ereader/boox-m90/ Unfortunatly overseas postage is a hefty $78.

Last edited by owly; 06-17-2011 at 03:06 AM.
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:19 AM   #210
catharsis
Addict
catharsis began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Onyx Boox M92
As far as I know, PB903 has annotation just in latest beta firmware and it's not that stable. I would be interested in a PB903 vs. M90 comparison when both firmware are stable and final.

Booxtor: M90 was my favorite over PB903 because of Pearl screen. How big is the difference between the screens ?
catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
onyx boox, onyx boox m90