Notices

Old 06-06-2018, 10:47 AM   #1
stupidget
stupidget began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire and Kindle App
Blank Pages Inserted when converting from PDF

Happy to move this post if I've put it in the wrong section

Hi All,

I've just started using Calibre and it's very very close to being perfect for what I want. But (theres always a but) I have a problem. My wife has created a kids book where each page is a photoshop image. We batch convert these into a PDF so Page was is Image 1, Page 2 Image 2 etc etc. I've imported this PDF into Calibre and converted into a MOBI file and when I view it in my Kindle App I see that there is a blank page after each image. When I Edit the book in Calibre I can see that it has taken each page of the PDF and converted them to JPG's, which all looks fine but when I View the book within Calibre it looks like there is some Page Break like after each image. Any idea what this is?

If anybody can say how I could make a MOBI file from several JPG images then that would be great as I'm not bothered if I don't have to use a PDF. I was only using PDF because I was originally using KDP.
stupidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 10:54 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just zip up the images then rename the file to have a cbz extension and convert that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2018, 11:39 AM   #3
stupidget

Thanks for replying so quickly.

That has got rid of the blank pages, but the images are now grayscale. Also is it possible to get the images to show next to each other in landscape rather than one per page? For example Pages 3&4 are one big image across the two pages.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:56 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Look at the options under the comic input section of the conversion dialog
Old 06-07-2018, 04:08 AM   #5
stupidget

Hi Kovid,

I have looked at the Comic settings and the images are now in colour, but, they are still one per page. Is it possible to do this:

Left side is Page 3 (Image 3) and the right side is Page 4 (Image 4). On the Kindle App the page join is in the middle of both images.
Advert
Old 06-07-2018, 08:15 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

No, the comic processor is not going to merge images for you, you have to do that before conversion.
Old 06-07-2018, 09:36 AM   #7
stupidget

I have merged 2 jpg's together and added them to a CBZ file, but when I convert them to a MOBI Calibre either splits the image or keeps it vertical rather than landscape.

I've attached the files I'm trying to convert work with. If you could help me then that would be great. I'm more than happy to pay you if it'll take you time to get things to work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	164346   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	164347  
Old 06-07-2018, 09:40 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Use the landscape option. That will prevent the splitting of landscape images into two portrait images.
Old 06-07-2018, 09:53 AM   #9
stupidget

I've just realised that I can rotate the images in Edit mode :-)