Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-28-2008, 10:54 PM   #16
voidcaller
voidcaller began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad 2nd ed
I know how to get similar "broken horizontal lines" without any physical damage. The first day I got my iLiad I let it stay on usb connection with "books" set to "MMC card", transferring files while iLiad's battery drained to zero. Horrible, how the screen suddenly developed the horizontal lines. I connected to power source, rebooted and the screen went out of sync! I turned it off and could see the black horizontal lines. Finally I decided to use it anyway and, Thank God, after about 3 hours of use the lines disappeared by themselves.
voidcaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:22 AM   #17
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
If the lines are "just" horizontal OR vertical, then most of the time, its a defect, that regards the controller or the screen wireing. Thats is usually covered by warranty. But once you have both and there is a slightly diagonal line aswell, then its a broken screen.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-29-2008, 06:07 AM   #18
Gogolo
Addict
Gogolo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1000S, Nook ST (rooted), Kobo Aura one (ksm)
I had the iLiad in the shoulder bag in my big bag with other stuff in traveling around in Switzerland. It may be, that the pressure was to high at some point. So my conclusion is, that protection from shoulder bag is not very high and can only advise to be careful even with iLiad in this bag.

It was a hard investment for me and now this. (Apart from that my scientific work is already bound on the use of iLiad... I need repair quick).

(emotional condition)

Greetings
Gogolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:17 AM   #19
Fermthe
Connoisseur
Fermthe began at the beginning.

Device: Prs-500/Iliad v2
Iliad's bag

Hello Im sorry for your screen but as i remember i read a post on this forum or maybe on iliad's forum they where saying how bad is iliad's shoulder bag and make a lots of people iliad to brake i remember they called it bag from hell or something like that
Fermthe is offline   Reply With Quote