Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-14-2011, 07:28 AM   #1
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
has this happened to you before when ordering ebooks?

i got two emails regarding my purchase of the same book, but the order number is the same and it seems that my gc balance was not deducted twice. still, it's strange...
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:32 AM   #2
theGsayeth
bling bling
theGsayeth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.theGsayeth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.theGsayeth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.theGsayeth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: amazon kindle
I've not experienced such a thing. Probably a glitch. As long as you're not being billed twice, I wouldn't worry about it. And even if you do get hit that way, Amazon has fairly good service and response time to those types of issues.
theGsayeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2011, 07:33 AM   #3
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by theGsayeth View Post
I've not experienced such a thing. Probably a glitch. As long as you're not being billed twice, I wouldn't worry about it. And even if you do get hit that way, Amazon has fairly good service and response time to those types of issues.
thanks just makes me nervous, is all. i keep an eye on my gc balance whenever i buy something
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:08 AM   #4
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
The same happened to me a few months ago. Because the order number matched and I only got charged once, I just dismissed it as a glitch in the email notification system
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:30 AM   #5
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Yes, it happened to me before.

Like others already explained, it's an issue with the email delivery system. As long as the database portion does it job well, which is charges you correctly, you should not worry about it. Just ensure the Order Number on both emails are the same and of course, validate with your check account.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2011, 10:34 AM   #6
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Personally I could care less if they don't bother to deduct the amount from the gift card or not. I would recommend that you check with the site and see if it was done. Either way I wouldn't worry about it. I tend to like to pay with checks for things in the real world, my local grocery store hasn't bothered to cash a check I gave them for groceries for my family from mid december. Personally I could care less I'll keep the money that's fine or if they cash the check thats fine too.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:53 AM   #7
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I had something similar happen with purchasing something on Amazon once a year or so ago. They sent me two order confirmation emails with different order numbers, but I was luckily only charged once. When I called to see what happened (it was a big order, and I freaked out), they told me that they had some glitch and the first order was voided as soon as the second one was issued.

Haven't had anything similar happen with ebook purchases, though.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:54 AM   #8
MichelRenaud
Connoisseur
MichelRenaud began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
I think the first couple of books I bought, I got a couple of e-mails. Then I didn't get two the last time I ordered one and THAT made me nervous. lol
MichelRenaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:09 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Do the emails have different time stamps? Mail servers can spit out the same email twice if something went wrong with the retrieval causing duplicate messages. I have had this happen ever so often.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 05:51 AM   #10
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
It's happened to me once or twice before, but as others have pointed out the order numbers were identical and I was only charged once.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote