Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-18-2010, 11:04 AM   #1
kadrak
Reader
kadrak began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 360
Unhappy Problems with Pocketbook 360

I've been frustrated for some days in trying to solve problems when I can't find the source! I have one more step I can take, but it may make matters worse!

Order of events:
1) Purchased Adobe Edition book; downloaded said book
2) Connected PB 360; Adobe authorized it
3) Copied book to PB360
4) Disconnected PB360 and tried to read book. First error was book corrupted or not licensed
5) Read forums for Adobe. Re-downloaded book; same result
6) After communications with PB support, appeared that somehow my PB had been connected to another computer (maybe my son's?)
7) Reformated PB memory (after backup of books).
8) After reading instructions from Yar-Pocketbooker, updated firmware from 14.2 to 15.1
9) Re-connected to Adobe; reauthorized; WORKS! added 3 other Adobe Edition books
10) POCKETBOOK doesn't work properly; a) opens logo page, gt remembered page. Then goes back to logo page, then to menu with LRBs at the top.
11) On selection of book, opens LRP and seems to work find. HOWEVER, trouble with menu buttons, paging and constant freezing up
12) Spoke to support. Firmware "update" to 14.2 Reformat Memory
13) Freezing less often. Menu buttons work, but still 'opens' twice.

I've checked configurations (had a first backup to use), checked version applied, everything I know. Can't get to anything else. Now: to re-upgrade firmware to 15.3 or not! Maybe I will see 3 logo pages instead of 2???

Thanks, desertgrandma, for the headsup on where to post!
kadrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:28 AM   #2
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
All I can think of for the two "opens", I'm guessing when you turn it on it reboots right away like it starts twice?

There is an issue with some SD cards. I know some Sandisk cards caused a problem with double booting. There is a thread here in the forum about it. I don't think there was a solution.

As for the rest of your problems, I'm clueless. I don't use Adobe at all. I had loads of problems with 15.2 and some problems with 14.2, and ZERO problems with 15.3.

Good luck.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2010, 03:17 AM   #3
kadrak
Reader
kadrak began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 360
I DO hava a Sandisk. I just saw the thread on the forum a few hours ago and tried pulling the SD card out. So far, no more double boots.

Freeze up still occurs, but after many more pages than before. However, twice also returned to Menu on Page Turn and like freeze up, didn't remember new LPR. I will try a non-Adobe file; I haven't tried one since the problems started.
Thanks
kadrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:27 AM   #4
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadrak View Post
I DO hava a Sandisk. I just saw the thread on the forum a few hours ago and tried pulling the SD card out. So far, no more double boots.

Freeze up still occurs, but after many more pages than before. However, twice also returned to Menu on Page Turn and like freeze up, didn't remember new LPR. I will try a non-Adobe file; I haven't tried one since the problems started.
Thanks
The freeze up occurring now might be a direct result of FW15.1. The firmware is not really stable. There will be a new firmware (15.3) real soon now (next week or so) that will be a lot more stable and stop the freezing problem. I have been testing it for weeks and had o freezing problem.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:52 AM   #5
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
There will be a new firmware (15.3) ... I have been testing it for weeks and had o freezing problem.
Do try to load up lots of fonts while betatesting.

Also take one font, with all four variants - regular, italics, bold, bolditalics and copy it with a new name.
So. For example, take Bitstream vera, that is called BitstreamR.ttf, BitstreamI.ttf, BitstreamB.ttf, BitstreamBI.ttf and copy files so they are named BBitstreamR.ttf, BBitstreamI.ttf, BBitstreamB.ttf, BBitstreamBI.ttf (the actual names are not important. Important thing is to have the same font (with the same internal font name) under two different filenames.)
then copy all eight files to /system/fonts.
After disconnecting, start device, open book in fbreader, and choose one of fonts. See if it doesn't crash.

Also try to load up fonts that are already present as built-in fonts to /system/fonts (so the reader has two copies, one in internal (non-user-accessible) memory, then the same one in /system/fonts
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2010, 08:12 AM   #6
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadrak View Post

Thanks
With version 15.2 I was having spontaneous reboots, crashes and freezes (yes, three different things!) every 10-20 pages. Sometimes it was as bad as every single page. I was so happy when they announced the beta version of 15.3.

I hear there are some problems, like Kacir mentioned above, with fonts, etc. I have all the fonts I want for now, and I only use FBReader and I've had no problems.

@mtravellerh, will the released version of 15.3 be an updated version of the beta version, or simply the same version?
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:08 AM   #7
Kameli
Connoisseur
Kameli began at the beginning.

Device: none
There seems to be big thread about removing Adobe DRM https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40238

It is probably easier to do that than try to get it actually work...

Last edited by Kameli; 10-19-2010 at 09:11 AM.
Kameli is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pocketbook 360 problems