Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-17-2022, 02:16 PM   #1
Badcatalex
I draw.
Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1, K4B, KPW3, KOA3, KF7 (2019)
Exclamation Final Day of Non-Touchscreen Kindle Store Support!

As the title says, today is the final day of Kindle Store support for:
Kindle 2 (International)
Kindle DX (International)
Kindle 3 (aka Kindle Keyboard)
Kindle 4 (aka K4NT)

After the servers shut down later today, you will still be able to download books, doing so via "View Archived Items" and having books delivered to one of these devices on Amazon's website.
Look at https://www.amazon.com/OldKindleFAQ for more information.

I also went through the extra effort of taking screenshots of the end of support messages, as seen on my Kindle 4 (Black), but they exceed the forum's image size rules.

Edit: It has officially shut down now.
Edit 2: I have added the screenshots as attachments.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-51669.gif
Views:	142
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	195940   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-51660.gif
Views:	140
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	195941   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-16132.gif
Views:	134
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	195942  

Last edited by Badcatalex; 08-17-2022 at 05:51 PM. Reason: IT SHUT DOWN AT 1:30 PM CENTRAL TIME OR SO
Badcatalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 04:09 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcatalex View Post
I also went through the extra effort of taking screenshots of the end of support messages, as seen on my Kindle 4 (Black), but they exceed the forum's image size rules.
You can attach these oversized images as attachments.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 04:22 PM   #3
Badcatalex
I draw.
Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You can attach these oversized images as attachments.
According to the guidelines, it can only be at most 600 x 600. And the screenshots are 600 x 800, the resolution of the Kindle.
Old 08-17-2022, 04:34 PM   #4
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
According to the guidelines, it can only be at most 600 x 600. And the screenshots are 600 x 800, the resolution of the Kindle.
In the Advanced Reply window, scroll down to Additional Options and choose Manage Attachments. You can upload images and they’re resized as thumbnails.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 05:18 PM   #5
Badcatalex
I draw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
In the Advanced Reply window, scroll down to Additional Options and choose Manage Attachments. You can upload images and they’re resized as thumbnails.
Thank you. I have added them.
Old 08-17-2022, 05:52 PM   #6
Badcatalex
I draw.

Oh god, I realized BadEreader is probably gonna steal my photos. Oh well.
Old 08-18-2022, 01:07 AM   #7
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Thanks for the images. You're right, BadEReader will probably steal them. Maybe we should develop optional MobileRead watermarks.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 01:56 AM   #8
Badcatalex
I draw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Thanks for the images. You're right, BadEReader will probably steal them. Maybe we should develop optional MobileRead watermarks.
We should find a way to embed a digital signature or something in images lmao.
But yeah, I got good quality photos... but I wish it was possible to record video over USBnetworking or something, so I coulda recorded the final day of the store.

Oh well. Too late for that.
Old 08-18-2022, 05:31 AM   #9
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Yes, this morning Amazon is still offering the DXG as a download target. I think we have been using a Kindle to buy Amazon ebooks since about 2013. None of us have ever used the Kindle to buy on the store.
For years now we don't even use "whispernet" or direct delivery, but Download to PC.
Actually we don't read on the Kindles now, but on Kobo ereaders.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, amazon kindle, amazonkindle, kindle, kindle store