Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 05:46 AM   #46
Kiya
Addict
Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Kobo freebie from Sourcebooks

A Lady's Revenge (Nexus #1) by Tracey Devlyn (wasn't someone just asking about her books here?)

Also free on Nook (I bet this is their Free Friday book for the week)
It was me. Thank you.

I get this one from Kobo and other two from DANL. I got all three for less than price of the one of them. Not a bad deal.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:12 AM   #47
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Well my Paperwhite 3g is ordered. I looked at the covers offered and did not see any I liked :-(

Hopefully they will have something I like soon
Old 10-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #48
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Enjoy your new Paperwhite, KyBunnies
Old 10-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #49
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Enjoy your new Paperwhite, KyBunnies
Thanks I will have it sometime in November lol I cannot wait!!!!
Old 10-03-2013, 11:09 AM   #50
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Smashwords is testing a new feature to their site. Send your books to your Dropbox or your Kindle or both. I got in on the beta testing. So far so good. You can only send books from your Library page. It would be awesome if you could from the book page but all new purchases are auto sent to the devices you choose. All older or free books you can send from the library page.
And with dropbox at least, it sends all three 'main' formats epub,mobi, pdf. i thought i was going to have to set a default, but it sent them all. It also depend on what is actually available for that book as well
Old 10-03-2013, 11:57 AM   #51
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
Well my Paperwhite 3g is ordered. I looked at the covers offered and did not see any I liked :-(

I use a cover by a company named Javoedge. They make covers that stand the book up like an artist's easel. Very handy for those of us that like to read while eating. Also, it rests really well on your stomach while you are lying in bed.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:55 PM   #52
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:

The official cover is awesome. It feels like holding a real book, offers real protection and is light. It has auto sleep on/off feature. I would use no other cover for my Paperwhite.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:55 PM   #53
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post
And with dropbox at least, it sends all three 'main' formats epub,mobi, pdf. i thought i was going to have to set a default, but it sent them all. It also depend on what is actually available for that book as well
I would love to exclude a format. I don't need the pdfs.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:07 PM   #54
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Smashwords is testing a new feature to their site. Send your books to your Dropbox or your Kindle or both. I got in on the beta testing. So far so good. You can only send books from your Library page. It would be awesome if you could from the book page but all new purchases are auto sent to the devices you choose. All older or free books you can send from the library page.
If only free books actually stayed in your account.

I just download them and use Calibre to manage, since you can't rely on them being in the Smashwords library later on.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:32 PM   #55
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
If only free books actually stayed in your account.

I just download them and use Calibre to manage, since you can't rely on them being in the Smashwords library later on.
You can send free books directly to your Dropbox if you add them to you library while they are free. Makes much less clicking and once it's sent to DB it stays there. So you could backup all your Smashwords books and keep them on DB. It's not a sync app it just sends the book to a folder in your Dropbox.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:50 PM   #56
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
You can send free books directly to your Dropbox if you add them to you library while they are free. Makes much less clicking and once it's sent to DB it stays there. So you could backup all your Smashwords books and keep them on DB. It's not a sync app it just sends the book to a folder in your Dropbox.
That's what I'm doing.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:22 PM   #57
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
That's what I'm doing.
Now Smashwords needs to work on alerting us when a book is updated.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #58
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy

Quote:
The official cover is awesome. It feels like holding a real book, offers real protection and is light. It has auto sleep on/off feature. I would use no other cover for my Paperwhite.
Is that the one offered for $39.99?

This one?

http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Kindle-.../dp/B007R5YFS4
Old 10-03-2013, 03:57 PM   #59
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Is that the one offered for $39.99?

This one?

http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Kindle-.../dp/B007R5YFS4
Yep that's the one. I love mine and when I get a PW2 I'll be getting another one. Still trying to decide on the color though.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:59 PM   #60
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy

I did not like any of the colors so I did not order. I guess I will go back and order a blue one. Really wish they would have a red or lime green cover
Closed Thread