Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-11-2010, 12:32 PM   #1
Lampman
Lampman
Lampman began at the beginning.

Device: KIndle DX 2nd edition
New Kindle DX

Well I've unpacked my shiney new toy and first impressions were good,until I switched it on.
When I press the home page I get the screen showing the DX users Guide 2nd edition....all well and good.
The 3g reception bars have the first two shaded.
When I press the menu page,nothing much happens,apart from the 'place bar ' moving.I can't seem to access settings or other menu choices.
I can use Kindle PC to order books and they do download via the whispernet connection.
When I have a book,I can by using the scroll get the book description and then use the search panel that appears at the bottom of the page to gain access to Amazon's store.Then I can browse the book titles.
My question is as a UK user am I missing something,is it the Kindle?Me or a combination?
Help would be appreciated

Last edited by Lampman; 02-11-2010 at 01:01 PM.
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:53 PM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
What you see when you press the menu button is context sensitive - the options vary depending on what is on the main screen. For ex., if you are reading a book, bringing up the menu displays different choices than if you are on the home page.

I know it's not really fun, but spend a few minutes browsing thru the Users Guide.

And - welcome to Mobile Read - always feel free to ask questions.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2010, 01:07 PM   #3
Lampman
Lampman
Lampman began at the beginning.

Device: KIndle DX 2nd edition
Thanks for that,I will give it a go!
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:12 PM   #4
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Don't hesitate to come back if you have more questions - and have fun with your DX!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote