Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 10-19-2023, 09:00 AM   #1
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
OverDrive content on MacOS?

Hey folks,

I just downloaded an audiobook from my local library for the first time in a very long time. When I chose OverDrive, it gave me this disclaimer:
Quote:
MP3 audiobooks are only supported on macOS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) through 10.14 (Mojave).
Luckily enough, I've been reluctant to upgrade my 10-year-old MacBook Air to anything above 10.14 for other reasons, but can anybody speak to how true that statement actually is? Is OverDrive truly "broken" for 10.15+?

It seems like maybe instead of updating my OS on this machine, it might be safest to keep it running as-is, and (when all of the browsers stop supporting 10.14), just get a new machine....

Thanks!!

Curt
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2023, 10:50 AM   #2
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Found my answer, looks like I need to keep my computer configured as-is, and there are not workarounds for subsequent MacOS versions.
Advert
Old 10-19-2023, 11:06 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
That is rubbish. What you need to do is use the libby website and listen to listen to the audiobooks on your computer. There is a libby app for iOS and Android.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2023, 05:26 PM   #4
curtw
Outside of a dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That is rubbish. What you need to do is use the libby website and listen to listen to the audiobooks on your computer. There is a libby app for iOS and Android.
I listen on an iPod, which isn't supported by Libby. I can still use OverDrive because of my computer procrastination, so it's not a big deal, like I said, until there's no browser support. My bank locked out my old Safari, and Chrome just discontinued development for my OS, so I figure I've got a year or so before I need to change anything.