Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #16
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Inability to access the files is a problem for both Kindle and Nook. Can't download my magazines, so I cancelled the subscriptions and let the companies know why I cancelled. I want to be able to print out my recipe and cook from that, not mess up my ereader. I can get an e-version of my quilting magazine which they provide for exactly that reason.
When can't you access your files on the Kindle??

Kindle Fire and Nook HD I believe both don't offer proper access to your files, but the dedicated ereaders are VERY different.

The Kindle stores ALL books/personal docs/subscriptions in the /mnt/us/documents/ folder, where the /mnt/us/ folder gets mounted to your computer as the Kindle Drive. Thus all content whatsoever related to your reading is stored in accessible memory. The Nook (at least, newer versions) has apparently decided to store books in TWO locations: the mounted Nook Drive, for sideloaded content, plus a hidden drive that is part of system memory for the B&N content.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub, file access, file location, purchase, purchasing