Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-13-2013, 12:33 PM   #1
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
Percentage read in Android app

I hope this is the right place to post this question. I'm currently reading a book in the Kobo app on my Nexus 7. I don't see anywhere that let's me know what percentage of the book is done. When I read, I can see what page I'm on in the current chapter I'm reading but not where I'm at in the book. The Kindle app let's you know what percentage of the book you've completed and when I read books on my former Sony reader, I could see what page of the book I was on. Please tell there is something analogous in the Kobo app.

Last edited by faithbw; 09-14-2013 at 09:06 AM.
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:09 AM   #2
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
Bump. I've looked this up on Google but couldn't find anything besides an old MR thread about this topic. The thread said that kepubs have a bunch of individual files instead on one file and that this prevents Kobo from displaying what percentage of the book is completed. Is this correct?
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2013, 09:14 AM   #3
iirisa
iirisa did not drink the Kool Aid.iirisa did not drink the Kool Aid.iirisa did not drink the Kool Aid.iirisa did not drink the Kool Aid.iirisa did not drink the Kool Aid.iirisa did not drink the Kool Aid.iirisa did not drink the Kool Aid.iirisa did not drink the Kool Aid.iirisa did not drink the Kool Aid.iirisa did not drink the Kool Aid.iirisa did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Galaxy Tab 4 10.1, Kindle Keyboard
As far as I know, you can see how much of a book you have read in the reading life section. I personally have not found a way to see the percentage while reading.
iirisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:21 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Noo... not at all. Both ePubs and kepubs contain multiple html (or xhtml) files; a normal book having one per chapter. From a quick look I didn;t see any % either when looking at reading a kepub format book (one downloaded from the Kobo store via WiFi).
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote