Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 06-11-2011, 01:30 PM   #1
parafluie
Enthusiast
parafluie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle 3,
Print? copy-and-paste? Highlight?

Will ANY e-reader print, cut-and-paste, highlight? Easily?

When I read, I like to underline and highlight. Best of all, I like to read online, then copy-and-paste relevant information. When I'm doing quotes for a paper I'm writing, I really don't like to retype the whole freaking thing.

Today, I downloaded a book on my Kindle for PC,and wanted to print out a page (a questionnaire) but . . . Kindle doesn't permit that.

What are my options now? Am I limited to an iPad?

M
parafluie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:37 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
On the Kindle you can easily highlight text, add annotations to it, then copy those annotations to your PC. Other devices offer similar capabilities. No printing - ebook readers don't normally offer print capabilities; their whole purpose, after all, is to replace paper, not add to it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2011, 02:10 PM   #3
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
The no printing thing is more a publisher restriction than a Kindle restriction. Stops you from printing out a book and giving it away.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 02:11 PM   #4
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
It's no longer being produced, but an entourage edge will let you do most of what you want. Not with books in kindle format, although you can read kindle on the LCD side. The eDGe is a "dualbook" with an e-ink reader on one side and an Android tablet on the other. The best part is they work together!

Check it out in the forum under Android.

Good luck!

P.S. I'm typing this on my Pocket eDGe.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:40 PM   #5
stickybuns
Evangelist
stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Couldn't one take a screenshot on a Kindle and then print from that?
stickybuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
academic, copy-and-paste, highlight, print