Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-06-2011, 02:54 PM   #16
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by doiron View Post
this is a first-time installation; there's nothing to uninstall.
Then what is there to roll back to?
Do older versions, say the previous one (0.7.47), install without error?

Also, just out of curiosity, what browsers did you use to download?
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 03:35 PM   #17
doiron
doiron began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
Then what is there to roll back to?
Do older versions, say the previous one (0.7.47), install without error?

Also, just out of curiosity, what browsers did you use to download?
it's rolling back the installation that it just did. .47 does the same thing, I haven't checked further back. browsers are opera and chrome.
doiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2011, 04:15 PM   #18
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Is there a more detailed error message in the system logs or anywhere?
Old 03-06-2011, 05:07 PM   #19
doiron

Quote:
Is there a more detailed error message in the system logs or anywhere?
nope. it deletes everything when it rolls itself back.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:37 PM   #20
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
nope. it deletes everything when it rolls itself back.
Look in Program files folder for a Calibre and or Calibre2 folder.

If either: Use the control panel to Remove Calibre (as clean as possible)
Reboot, then delete those folders
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2011, 05:37 PM   #21
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
I had a similar problem when installing a version quite a while ago, on Win7, it was opening a requester, asking for permission to install on the C drive, but the requester was getting covered up immediately (for some reason) so I couldn't 'allow' it, and after a certain amount of time, the install then cancelled and rolled back.

In the end, I think I restarted machine, then waited for startup programs, then ran the installer before anything else was ran, making sure the install window was dragged to one side so it wouldn't cover up the requester, and was then able to O.K. it
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:01 PM   #22
doiron

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Look in Program files folder for a Calibre and or Calibre2 folder.

If either: Use the control panel to Remove Calibre (as clean as possible)
Reboot, then delete those folders
nothing there; like I said it deletes everything it installed.

also tried again with the install window moved to the side, no popup window appeared.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:10 PM   #23
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
Have you tried booting into safe-mode, then installing?
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:18 PM   #24
emmad
Enthusiast
emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle WiFi
Hmm I used Chrome to download too. Might try in IE.
emmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:12 PM   #25
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If the installer is running to near completion then I doubt the problem is a corrupted download. You have something on your computers that is preventing the installation from completing. I'd suggest the simplest fix is to get the portable version of calibre portable-apps.com and use that, doesn't need installation.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:10 PM   #26
emmad
Enthusiast
emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emmad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle WiFi
I'm a bit different in that it doesn't run at all. I just get the message as soon as I go to run the install
emmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:25 PM   #27
doiron

I finally got it to install correctly. I had to turn off the add shortcuts to start menu option and then it worked fine. I have administrator rights, so there's no logical reason why that should have been a problem that I can think of; I've never had that problem with any other install.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:03 AM   #28
Manichean
Wizard

Quote:
I finally got it to install correctly. I had to turn off the add shortcuts to start menu option and then it worked fine. I have administrator rights, so there's no logical reason why that should have been a problem that I can think of; I've never had that problem with any other install.
That's weird. Could you check the permissions for the start menu shortcut folder to make sure you actually are allowed to write in there?
Old 03-08-2011, 03:03 AM   #29
Manichean
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmad View Post
I'm a bit different in that it doesn't run at all. I just get the message as soon as I go to run the install
What message?
Old 03-08-2011, 01:29 PM   #30
doiron

Quote:
That's weird. Could you check the permissions for the start menu shortcut folder to make sure you actually are allowed to write in there?
yep. everything's kosher with the permissions. no clue why it had a problem.