Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-21-2011, 01:12 PM   #1
Dave W
Connoisseur
Dave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-600 & Nook ST w/glow light
Loading ASCM library book

I thought that I had used Calibre before to do this, but this morning I could not get it to work. I borrow epub books from the Boston Public Library to read on my Sony reader. The book comes down as an ASCM file that I can only get into Calibre by choosing "any file" in the dialog window to find the file. I am unable to complete the download of the epub book from the libary. I tried double-clicking the book title in the Calibre library and that automatically opened the Sony Reader Library software and downloaded the book to the Sony library and transferred it to my reader. I don't want to do it that way because the Sony software is unstable and gets stuck synchronizing books. I've tried deleting all the books and then loading them back into the library, but I end up with the same problem. I've even re-installed the Sony software. It is much easier just to use Calibre. Then I don't have the problem. I still use the Sony software to buy books from Sony. I don't connect my reader until I've closed Sony and opened Calibre. Then I connect the reader and grap the book from the folder that Sony stores it in. That is okay with me. However, I would like to get public library books directly using Calibre. As I said, I thought that I had done it before, but I seem to have forgotten the trick. I've also tried using Adobe Digital Editions to get the library book and can't do that either.

Can anyone help me here? This time, I'll save the instructions in case I forget again. By the way, I have the latest version of Calibre, 7.5.

Dave W
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:11 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
The ASCM file is not the ebook. It is used by Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) to download the ebook. Open the ASCM with ADE and it will be downloaded to your computer in the ADE library folder. You can then import the EPUB ADE downloded into calibre using Add.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert