Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-15-2011, 04:20 PM   #31
Snassek
Connoisseur
Snassek is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony eReader
Unhappy

Ugh! I got home today and there was a note on my door from FedEx. They tried to deliver my reader. What really bites is my son was home and he didn't hear them so left the note. They won't try delivering it again until Tuesday.
Snassek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:52 AM   #32
DarkRoast
Enthusiast
DarkRoast makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneDarkRoast makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneDarkRoast makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneDarkRoast makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneDarkRoast makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneDarkRoast makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneDarkRoast makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneDarkRoast makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneDarkRoast makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneDarkRoast makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneDarkRoast makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Sony Reader 650
I just notice that B&H now list the black PRS-650 as discontinued. The red one still says temporarily unavailable.
DarkRoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2011, 04:37 AM   #33
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRoast View Post
I just notice that B&H now list the black PRS-650 as discontinued. The red one still says temporarily unavailable.
But that's good news, now lets hope for something even better than perfect
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:03 AM   #34
zxcvbnm
zxcvbnm began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mornington View Post
Why did you want to red one? I saw a few of those around here (in the UK, Dixons/Curries stores just seem to have the red PRS-650s) and to be honest I thought they looked cheap and nasty.

Which is one reason I bought a black one.
Uh oh, I have never seen one but I just ordered a pink prs-350 as I thought the grey looked depressing. Pink should be easier to find too.
zxcvbnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:45 AM   #35
Wordeater
Connoisseur
Wordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Sony PRS-650

Fedex delivered my 650 today. (Monday)
Got E-mail that sleeve has shipped.

WE
Wordeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2011, 11:30 AM   #36
wellchelle
wellchelle began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650 silver
Future Shop around Toronto Canada have some instock

I live near Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
I looked on the Future Shop web site, they are all out online but some stores around have some instock. (Brampton, Whitby, Richmond Hill, St.Catharines) last time I looked (1/18/2011 11:29am EST).
Sony PRS-650 black $259.00 CAN dollars (including tax)

I hope this helps someone who is looking for one around here.

Last edited by wellchelle; 01-18-2011 at 12:01 PM. Reason: forgot to add tax to the amount
wellchelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:08 PM   #37
redbees
Enthusiast
redbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Paperwhite 2, Nexus 7
10% discount on PRS-650

As of Tuesday, 01/18/11, Sonystyle is giving a 10% discount on the PRS-650, if ordered by phone. (The promotion isn't mentioned on the website.) This pertains to the phone number offered to US callers; I don't know about elsewhere. The readers are usually priced at $229 usd. Only black is available at this time. I neglected to ask how long this promotion would be offered. I hope this is helpful to someone.

Last edited by redbees; 01-18-2011 at 03:23 PM. Reason: adding information
redbees is offline   Reply With Quote