Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-18-2011, 01:52 PM   #1
Francois_4256
Francois_4256 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS650BC
Effect of using "Saturated" view

I was wondering what the long terms effects of using the "Satuarated" view would be on the lifespan of the screen? I am not too concerned with battery life, but worry about any potential "burn in" affects?

I have noticed a very slight ghosting effect, even when I was not using the saturated view as described in the forums before, but as with everyone else it fades after a couple of page turns.

Has anyone heard anything either way?

Thanks in advance..

Francois
Francois_4256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:50 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I don't think there will be any long term effects to using the "Saturated" view. E-Ink screens do not suffer the same "burn-in" effect similiar to other technologies. I suspect if one were to make the background darker they would notice more ghosting.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert