Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 01-31-2022, 05:47 PM   #1
sovre
Zealot
sovre began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini; iPhone; Kindle Paperwhite (10th gen)
apple iphone books app displaying wrong cover art

I recently got an iphone 11 which is running ios 14.

I have some audiobooks which I want to add to my phone to listen to them.

They all display correct coverart in iTunes.

However, when I transfer them to the Books app on my phone, they show up there with the wrong coverart.

not only that, it looks like for whatever reason my phone is taking coverart from music albums on my phone and using that in place of the proper audiobook covertart.

I assume this must be a result of some kind of major bug in apple's software. My old phone, an iphone 7+ running ios 13, always displayed correct covertart without a problem.

unfortunately, and frustratingly, apple doesn't allow you to change coverart on the phone itself, and if I simply transfer the book again from itunes it doesn't correct the problem.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so, is there a way to get the right coverart to display?

Thanks.

Last edited by sovre; 01-31-2022 at 05:51 PM.
sovre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 01:43 AM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I would ask about this in the support forums at apple.com. I doubt there are many people happening by here that would have experience with this.

Last edited by tomsem; 02-07-2022 at 01:46 AM.
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote