Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 06-12-2011, 12:52 PM   #16
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
Personally, I'm wondering if outlets other than Amazon are worth the time and effort, not only to get listed there but to promote to.

I've taken Barnes & Noble off my Smashwords distribution list in favor of PubIt! which gives me instant accounting.

I'm really not sure what the issue is, since B&N claims 25% of the ebook market. All I know is that Amazon sells the books. Since my book is non-DRMed, people can convert it through Calibre to the epub format and read it on their Kobos and Nooks and Sonys.

Edited to add: I sell enough copies of Risen to receive a monthly check from Amazon. From B&N so far this month...zero sales. That's the order of magnitude of difference between the two outlets for me.
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook, platform, print, print on demand