Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-26-2013, 09:19 PM   #1
sawalski
sawalski began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G
Unable to sort by series (anymore)

Last time I tried, I was able to load series onto my kindle, sorting by series (and volume) without hassle.
Since updating to the latest calibre today nothing I load onto my kindle seems to sort or get labeled properly outside of the author and title.
I have all the metadata accurately put in (series, volume, author, title).

I'm using a plugboard with this:
{series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}

And it has absolutely no effect on my books...
I'm a bit lost.
Help?
sawalski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawalski View Post
Last time I tried, I was able to load series onto my kindle, sorting by series (and volume) without hassle.
Since updating to the latest calibre today nothing I load onto my kindle seems to sort or get labeled properly outside of the author and title.
I have all the metadata accurately put in (series, volume, author, title).

I'm using a plugboard with this:
{series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}

And it has absolutely no effect on my books...
I'm a bit lost.
Help?
This is really a Kindle question .
What is the sort setting on your Kindle? You need Title, not date or Author
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2013, 09:35 PM   #3
sawalski
sawalski began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G
I have all the information put in, and the destination field for the source template ({series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}) is under title.
This always worked in the past, I haven't tampered with any of the other settings since my last upload...
sawalski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:58 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawalski View Post
I have all the information put in, and the destination field for the source template ({series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}) is under title.
This always worked in the past, I haven't tampered with any of the other settings since my last upload...
YOUR KINDLE has sort settings as well. Look at the KINDLE SORTING

You could be sending the exact same data and your kindle is sorting on something different because a setting there got bumped.

The template looks good Series(index) Title
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote