Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-16-2014, 09:49 AM   #901
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by daemon079 View Post
Hi,

I need a version which supports Kindle Paperwhite 5.4.4.2 (2323310003)

Is it possible to build it? Or please tell me what to do.

Thanks in advance
The author has recently completed his work for a Phd in computer science.
Having there-by lost his excuse to stay in school, he is probably now spending his time looking for a real job.

We expect he will be back once he settles into his non-student life.

But until then -
Unless someone else updates his various Java applications, all we can do is wait.

knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:15 PM   #902
norbusan
Zealot
norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, Kobo GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Unless someone else updates his various Java applications, all we can do is wait. (..youtube...)
Hehe, well spoken, thanks! ;-)
norbusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2014, 02:49 AM   #903
daemon079
daemon079 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (5.4.4.2)
ok. bad luck.. so I'll sit here and learn java

I wish the author all the best to find what he's looking for ^^

daemon079
daemon079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 04:27 PM   #904
axelPW2
axelPW2 began at the beginning.

Device: KPW2
Hi guys, I am having problems with CM on KPW2 with 5.4.3.1, jailbroken and with Kual installed. I have found 2 versions of CM, both visible in Kual and both do not appear to work:

The first one was placed in Extensions, probably coming from another package and had only 2 files (config.xml and menu.json) but no Bin folder. When launching it from Kual I was getting the message "Application error. The selectyed application could not be started. Please try again." Consequently I have deleted this CM folder of Extensions.

The second one was CM2.6.2. and I have installed it by placing the CM.azw2 file in the Documents folder of Kindle. When launching it from Kual I was getting first a white screen with "www.ixtab.tk" written in the middle and after that another frame with the message "Unsupported firmware. Your Kindle is running firmware 5.4.3.1. which is not supported by this version of Collections Manager".

Any hint please for making CM working on my PW2? Thank you!

Last edited by axelPW2; 05-18-2014 at 04:32 PM.
axelPW2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 05:27 PM   #905
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@axelPW2: You pretty much answered your own question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Requirements:
  • Kindle Paperwhite 2: Firmware 5.4.0 - 5.4.2.1 (ATTENTION: On FW 5.4.0, everything works correctly. However, while FW 5.4.2 and 5.4.2.1 are supported, not all of the functionality is working correctly. See this, this, and most importantly THIS post for details).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2014, 02:52 PM   #906
axelPW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@axelPW2: You pretty much answered your own question.
Thank you NiLuJe, I was affraid of that, although FW 5.4.3.1 is not mentioned in that older post, and secretely I was hoping that in the meantime somebody has found a cure.....:-)
Old 05-19-2014, 03:06 PM   #907
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axelPW2 View Post
Thank you NiLuJe, I was affraid of that, although FW 5.4.3.1 is not mentioned in that older post, and secretely I was hoping that in the meantime somebody has found a cure.....:-)
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=901
Five posts prior to yours - is that recent enough news?
Old 05-20-2014, 12:48 AM   #908
axelPW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=901
Five posts prior to yours - is that recent enough news?
Thank you knc1 for your comment. Of course I did notice that post, although it refers to pw1, while I was looking for info for my pw2. Also I have learned that if something doens't work with pw1, than generally it will not work for pw2, but hope is hope. As a matter of fact I was expecting for confirmation or denial from another pw2 user, maybe I did something wrong in my attempt with CM, certainly I was not the first one to try this.

So at least now this is clear and my post will serve now to other pw2 beginners like myself: Up to this moment Collection Manager does not work with FW 5.4.3.1 on pw2! Thanks again!

Last edited by axelPW2; 05-20-2014 at 12:50 AM.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:30 PM   #909
tweak4
tweak4 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by axelPW2 View Post
So at least now this is clear and my post will serve now to other pw2 beginners like myself: Up to this moment Collection Manager does not work with FW 5.4.3.1 on pw2! Thanks again!
My PW2 updated itself to 5.4.3.2 tonight, so I can also confirm that the collections manager will not work with this version either.
tweak4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 03:33 PM   #910
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweak4 View Post
My PW2 updated itself to 5.4.3.2 tonight, so I can also confirm that the collections manager will not work with this version either.
Yup, got me too. So I guess I'm done using CM. Boy, that pisses me off royally. For future reference is there a way to keep the PW2 from updating automatically?

I understand that turning off the wifi would stop it, but then I can't download books. Is there another way to stop auto updates?
jangell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 04:11 PM   #911
knc1
Going Viral

Install our Backdoor Lock.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:26 PM   #912
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Or https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2592263

Create a folder called "update.bin.tmp.partial" in your Kindle Drive root. This will prevent the update from being downloaded, by reserving the download filename. It cannot simply be deleted, since folder require a different delete command than files, and the updater isn't clever enough to handle this.

Last edited by eschwartz; 05-26-2014 at 08:31 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:34 PM   #913
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Ah, right.
I have been making too many posts here, when I can't even remember describing the alternative.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:10 PM   #914
Kartoffelr
Kartoffelr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW1
I really hope Collections Manager will be updated to work with 5.4.4.2.
I like some stuff that came with this firmware (particularly the new way footnotes are displayed) and don't want to go back to an older Firmware "just" for the collections.

TBH i never used this nested collections, i just used one collection per book series and was happy with that...

Last edited by Kartoffelr; 05-27-2014 at 02:15 PM.
Kartoffelr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 03:29 PM   #915
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartoffelr View Post
I really hope Collections Manager will be updated to work with 5.4.4.2.
series and was happy with that...
I'll second that emotion, except I hope CM is brought current with 5.4.3.2
jangell2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks