Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-22-2011, 01:58 PM   #1
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Animations not disabled in edit metadata?

I'm using calibre in a netbook, so it's overall rather slow. I've just been checking the metadata in a bunch of books, by opening the "Edit Metadata" dialog (or whatever it's called in English), and clicking on "Previous" and "Next". It seems there is some animation going on when going from book to book, since I can catch a glimse of some blurry/grayed out text in the fields that change. I have animations disabled in the preferences, so... is this the intended behaviour or is it some animation that is not being disabled when it should?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:07 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's not an animation, its a redrawing of the dialog with the new data. On a decent computer it is near instant.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2011, 02:34 PM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
You are probably right, but it doesn't look like just a slow redraw (after all, text in a computer is not deleted by first making it gray and then white). Well, I just wanted to make sure it was not something that someone forgot to disable

Now, something stranger (or maybe not) is that when I click "Previous" or "Next", before the data for the book appears, the author and series fields show other texts. So, if I go from:

Code:
The Picture of Dorian Gray
Oscar Wilde
to:

Code:
A Damsel in Distress
P. G. Wodehouse
I get to see for a moment an intermediate state showing:

Code:
The Picture of Dorian Gray  [this fields look blurry]
Albrecht Dürer
Alice
I have books by "Albrecht Dürer", and books of the "Alice" series, but none matching both. I guess they are both the first items in their fields. Nothing really annoying, but maybe there's something that could be optimized here?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:54 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Its a two stage process, it clears them, and then fills in the new values. I don't really see how that can be optimized without making the code *much* harder to maintain.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote