Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-09-2011, 11:20 AM   #1
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
how to add new screen saver pictures?

I downloaded a couple of pictures in 800 x 600 format, to put on my Sony 350 as screen savers. I put them in the Images directory on the Sony, with the other pictures, but they don't show up as screen saver pictures. Do I somehow have to tell the Sony that they're there?
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:49 AM   #2
delphin
Evangelist
delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
I downloaded a couple of pictures in 800 x 600 format, to put on my Sony 350 as screen savers. I put them in the Images directory on the Sony, with the other pictures, but they don't show up as screen saver pictures. Do I somehow have to tell the Sony that they're there?
Hi Becca,

First check to see that your pics are really on the reader by starting up the pictures viewer in the "See All" mode, by going to your "Applications" Tab from the home screen, then choosing the "See All" thumbnail view in the upper right corner.

Once you have "See All" selected, look and verify that your thumbnails for your new pictures show up, then just tap the "OPTIONS" key and pick "Select Standby Screen".

Actually "Screen" is a bit of a misnomer, it's actually "Screens" (plural), because if you follow the above steps, the PRS-650 will put little check boxes next to ALL your pictures and let you pick as few or as many as you want to cycle through as standby screen saver pictures.
delphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2011, 12:10 PM   #3
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have a 350, not a 650 - does that matter?

also, could you unpack your instructions a bit? where is the picture viewer? is it on the Sony? I'm on a PC with Windows XP if that makes a difference.

I put the pictures in the I:\database\media\images directory (where I is the drive name for my Sony Reader) - that's where the other pictures are. I see them all when I look using Windows Explorer.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:13 PM   #4
BeccaPrice
Wizard

never mind. I see what you meant by the Applications tab: it's the icon down in the lower right corner, near Settings. I just did as you said, and it seems to work now. Thanks!