Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-24-2012, 08:06 PM   #31
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Just what I need, yet another built in camera

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:13 PM   #32
StoryEnthusiast
K. C. Lee
StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone
I used to get excited in reading about events of new PC launches, now tablets are the new game. It's so exciting to see new models coming out within a short time. That means I'll wait until the dust settles.
StoryEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:53 AM   #33
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
There's lots of rumors that Amazon will be announcing a phone. I presume we can safely assume it won't be called a Fire Phone

Last edited by JoHunt; 08-25-2012 at 05:08 AM.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:14 AM   #34
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Just what I need, yet another built in camera

Helen
Agreed. I do use the camera on my phone now and then, but ...
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:14 AM   #35
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
There's lots of rumors that Amazon will be announcing a phone. I presume we can safely assume it won't be called a Fire Phone
The Blaze!
Old 08-25-2012, 06:18 AM   #36
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluribus View Post
The event is being held in Santa Monica, CA. Monica is the patron saint of wives, mothers, and alcoholics. Jeff Bezos, is there something we should know about you?
Blue Origin:

Old 08-25-2012, 07:16 AM   #37
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
I wanted to get a Touch 3G, but there are none left, so I really hope that
1. There will be a new e-ink KIndle, not just a new Fire (not interested at all in a tablet)
2. It will be 3G
3. It will have a glow light
4. And pretty please, can it have buttons too ?
5. Last, but not least : make it available from day 1 in Europe.

If all is in there, I will click that buy now button not once, but twice (I need a device for a friend, and I will get one for me too).
If it is not available in Europe, that will be a real bummer....
Apart from the 3G which I'm not too bothered with (I have a WiFi KK now and haven't found myself in any situation in the last two years in which I would have wanted 3G), this is pretty much my exact wish list.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:24 AM   #38
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
I wanted to get a Touch 3G, but there are none left, so I really hope that
1. There will be a new e-ink KIndle, not just a new Fire (not interested at all in a tablet)
2. It will be 3G
3. It will have a glow light
4. And pretty please, can it have buttons too ?
5. Last, but not least : make it available from day 1 in Europe.
Interesting how we all have different wants. There isn't one thing on your list that would get me to upgrade from my Kindle 4.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:48 AM   #39
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
A frontlit e-ink device with pageturn buttons and touch would have me pressing "BUY BUY BUY on my keyboard before the ink was dry on the press release. (I care not about 3G.)
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:03 AM   #40
300com
Zealot
300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
A frontlit e-ink device with pageturn buttons and touch would have me pressing "BUY BUY BUY on my keyboard before the ink was dry on the press release. (I care not about 3G.)
same here. i don't think these makers get the obvious.
either that or they couldn't bring to market on time and opted with something less. the T2.

i'm sure if i buy the T2, the T3 will be front lit. . . but i really don't want to wait another 12 months...i'm ready to buy a new gadget but there's so many on the tip of being announced by apple, amazon, samsung and google.
300com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:13 AM   #41
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Me too! Need more buttons or no sale.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:15 AM   #42
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Me too! Need more buttons or no sale.
If it still has TTS. Can't listen to it for long periods of time, but it's necessary for my thirty minute drive to work.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:15 AM   #43
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300com View Post
same here. i don't think these makers get the obvious.
either that or they couldn't bring to market on time and opted with something less. the T2.

i'm sure if i buy the T2, the T3 will be front lit. . . but i really don't want to wait another 12 months...i'm ready to buy a new gadget but there's so many on the tip of being announced by apple, amazon, samsung and google.
Wait for the Amazon announcements, and the sale that is reported to occur in September for the T2. Then decide. You can't go wrong with the T2 for $99.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:39 AM   #44
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Wait for the Amazon announcements, and the sale that is reported to occur in September for the T2. Then decide. You can't go wrong with the T2 for $99.
Here, T1s are still going for $180, and the secondhand market is moribund (people are asking $185 on ebay, $150 on gumtree). No T2s in sight.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:18 PM   #45
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaBurrell View Post
it was...joke.
I new dat. I laughed when I read it.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote