Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #1
ConfessorAmy
ConfessorAmy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
My screen is completely frozen!!

Please someone help I love my e-reader and its just frozen on me for the first time. It was plugged in to my computer to charge and I closed my computer down and then started it up again later without disconnecting, usually fine. But today, I unplugged it as my pc ws starting up and it has merged the usb connected screen with the load up screen and it also has a line running top to bottom in the middle;

I have tried switching the on off button, the reset button, both at once, pluggin in the usb, pluggin in the ac charger and nothing is working.
I got my reader for christmas 2010 so it's not brand new, but I really don't want it to break it's like my best friend AND I'm halfway through a book!!!

Thanks in advance

EDIT

Nevermind, withing 10 minutes of this one of my many switch attempts work, now it's telling me the battery is dead! I'm just happy it's alive

Last edited by ConfessorAmy; 05-09-2012 at 05:00 PM.
ConfessorAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:27 PM   #2
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
I'm happy it is too. Let us know how it does once it is fully charged. I really don't understand that line down the middle????
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #3
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Whew! thank goodness but take it as a lesson learned - don't leave it plugged into your computer & shut down or restart!! Not a good idea! You could fry it. It's always best to eject the reader and then unplug it from the USB.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #4
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
Whew! thank goodness but take it as a lesson learned - don't leave it plugged into your computer & shut down or restart!! Not a good idea! You could fry it. It's always best to eject the reader and then unplug it from the USB.
Not only the above but leaving it plugged into a sleeping or switched off PC will discharge the battery which can leave it totally flat... not good...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:24 PM   #5
ConfessorAmy
ConfessorAmy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
The line down the middle was just part of the frozen screen, a load of different screens merged together lol.

Now I definitely know not to leave it plugged in, I never really knew about that before now! My ebook works perfect again thank goodness, lost without it!
ConfessorAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2012, 03:31 AM   #6
thailen
thailen began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Suddenly after one year...

my kindle(with keyboard; I bought it for $114 from Best Buy - don't know the model) I got this message:This PDF cannot be opened due to embedded features not yet supported by Kindle

What to do? It's fully charged, BTW.
thailen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:55 AM   #7
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thailen View Post
my kindle(with keyboard; I bought it for $114 from Best Buy - don't know the model) I got this message:This PDF cannot be opened due to embedded features not yet supported by Kindle

What to do? It's fully charged, BTW.
I suggest you start by posting in the Kindle forum instead of the Sony forum.
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote