Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #1
Nietzsche
Philosopher
Nietzsche began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Exclamation Found a bug when deleting books

I noticed that when you delete books directly from the device, the book doesn't go away until you make another action. To be more clear, the device doesn't update your catalog right away even though that book might be deleted.

Try this yourself:
-Find a book you want to delete.
-Choose any view you'd like (there are three views, 1 book, 6 book, list. I've tried deleting in all three views, they all have this bug)
-Now select "delete" either by holding on the icon of the book or selecting the drop-down menu.
-A menu will popout, asking you to confirm or cancel.
-Confirm.
-In the background, you'll notice that the book you deleted is still there.
-As soon as you make an action by touching anywhere on the screen or putting the device into sleep, only then the book will disappear.

I've tried this with books, pdf, cbr files.
I hope the dev team fixes this bug in the next firmware update.

UPDATE
When I delete a picture file (random sketching I just did to test), it deletes it without delay. This is how it should be with books, pdf, cbr, etc.

Could you guys confirm if you have this problem also?

Last edited by Nietzsche; 03-01-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Nietzsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:23 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I think you will find the book is dropped right away; the issue is that the screen is not correctly refreshed with the current firmware level.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:28 PM   #3
Nietzsche
Philosopher
Nietzsche began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I think you will find the book is dropped right away; the issue is that the screen is not correctly refreshed with the current firmware level.
I agree. It's still annoying that I have to tap somewhere to clear it, adding one unnecessary step.
Nietzsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:53 PM   #4
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
I get that too, I think it also depends on what position the book is on your list.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote