Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-09-2012, 10:48 AM   #1
ukiman
ukiman began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch 5th
k3.3 jailbreak

I just got a k3g to try it out seeing if I like it more than the touch, since I stumbled upon it at target for 100. It definitely seems more usable, landscape and 3g are helpful.

But I can't jailbreak it. I keep getting update unsuccessful.

Also, the box had a sticker that said AT&T. Does that mean that it is locked to us 3g network?
ukiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:05 PM   #2
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukiman View Post
I just got a k3g to try it out seeing if I like it more than the touch, since I stumbled upon it at target for 100. It definitely seems more usable, landscape and 3g are helpful.

But I can't jailbreak it. I keep getting update unsuccessful.

Also, the box had a sticker that said AT&T. Does that mean that it is locked to us 3g network?
So you tried to install the jailbreak 0.10n hack for the k3g on a brand new Kindle 3G, and it keeps failing? I'd say restore to factory default, and try again. Idk why it wouldn't work on a fresh Kindle, so long as you are copying over the correct install.bin for your particular Kindle.

And as to the AT&T thing, it is that company that Amazon has a deal with to give you free 3G. Idk what you mean by it being locked to a 3G network. It will look for 3G, or use normal cellular signal if it cannot find a 3G.
inameiname is offline   Reply With Quote