Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-14-2006, 03:26 AM   #1
Stuart Young
MobileRead Editor
Stuart Young has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: e61i / Eee PC / PRS-505
PRS-500 info from Sony President Stan Glasgow

For those of you waiting for the Sony Reader PRS-500 it might not be all doom and gloom. An article over at Cnet reports information given to reporters, by Stan Glasgow. The head honcho and President of Sony Electronics saying:

Quote:
The U.S. division of the Japanese electronics giant next month plans to start shipping a personal-communication device called Mylo and an electronic book called the Sony Reader, Sony Electronics President Stan Glasgow said during a San Francisco interview with a few reporters Tuesday. The two devices are part of an effort by Sony to test the waters on new device categories.
The full piece can be found here. Sony have said the Reader will be with us by the holidays, so fingers crossed.
Stuart Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 04:11 AM   #2
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
w00t! Bring home the candy!
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2006, 05:35 AM   #3
segatang
Connoisseur
segatang has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kolin i-library
I am waiting for the sale of Sony Reader, especially for its software and tool.
segatang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:21 AM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Hmmm. Let's see ... "next month" would be ... well what do you know -- October!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:24 AM   #5
Xtremegene
Connoisseur
Xtremegene began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500 --- Nokia n800
Let's hope that the Reader will get released on time; otherwise, Sony's president would look even more...idiotic?
Xtremegene is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2006, 01:32 PM   #6
Frogsmasha
Connoisseur
Frogsmasha began at the beginning.

Great News!

I hope It's October 1st.
Frogsmasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 04:13 PM   #7
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
I still don't believe them! I'll be happy whem I get my paws to one.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:46 PM   #8
eChaz
eChaz began at the beginning.

Device: nokia
Sony Reader Case

Well there may not be a Sony Reader out on the street, but there is a Sony Reader Case (the so called eMotion Jacket) sold by a company called M-edge (http://www.buymedge.com). They also have an iRex iLiad and eFlyBook jacket "coming soon".
eChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 12:43 PM   #9
vranghel
Addict
vranghel began at the beginning.

Device: Proud Iliad owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogsmasha
Great News!

I hope It's October 1st.

"next month" means for October 1st to October 31st. Odds are that the launch date will be close to the latter.
vranghel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 04:20 PM   #10
Kosst Amojan
Addict
Kosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Sony why do you torment me so?!!!
Kosst Amojan is offline   Reply With Quote