Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-10-2007, 12:06 AM   #91
Just4Fun
Enthusiast
Just4Fun began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle/iphone/ipad/Pocket Entourage/MacBook/Windows
Thanks for the new link. That device is inspiring. Even if it isn't perfect, I still want one.
Just4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:28 AM   #92
timofonic
Zealot
timofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox M96+
It's very interesting, but needs to solve the reflecting problems.
timofonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2008, 09:57 PM   #93
AnnexC
AnnexC began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Nexio S160 / Sony Librie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azayzel View Post
OK AndiR, just curious if you read my message a little above this one? The FLEPia is not currently available for consumer purchase, only for bulk-buys in groups of 10 to businesses, which roughly figures at ~$1500 each.

Instead of physically marching all over Tokyo looking for this device, I asked my friend to call Fujitsu and speak with the marketing/sales department. She called and I relayed what I found out. I'll be checking another electronics store tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure it's not out based upon the call to the source.

Trust me on this, once the device is for sale to the general public, I will have one in-hand tut suite.
So did your friend manage to any more information on availability???
AnnexC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:46 AM   #94
yagiz
http://is.gd/4flJX
yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 3G
Wow! This looks so promising... I'm adding myself to the waiting list...
But if it comes out with a 4-digit price tag, I can only hope to convince my employer to buy one for me .
yagiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 06:54 AM   #95
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnexC View Post
So did your friend manage to any more information on availability???
Heh, yeah I'm kinda waiting myself. I'll have to give her a call tomorrow and see what she can find out. Worst case scenario might be a simple call to Fujitsu again. I was hoping to have found updated info in this forum, but nothing new... Thanks for the prod!
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2008, 12:09 PM   #96
AndiR
Rather interested
AndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle, Sony Ereader, Ipad & iPhone
Flepia...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azayzel View Post
Heh, yeah I'm kinda waiting myself. I'll have to give her a call tomorrow and see what she can find out. Worst case scenario might be a simple call to Fujitsu again. I was hoping to have found updated info in this forum, but nothing new... Thanks for the prod!
Me tooooooo!
AndiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 11:05 AM   #97
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Just a quick update... still no word. Kinda sux! If I have time, I'll run downtown on Sunday with some cash just in case. Never know.
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:40 AM   #98
AndiR
Rather interested
AndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enough

Not rolling out yet

I recieved an email yesterday and no movement on it yet!!

"Dear Mr. Roberts,

Thank you for your interest to our product called FLEPia.

Unfortunately this product is still available only in Japan because of language of OS, regulations and support capability. If we start the global sale, I will let you know. Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely yours,
------------------------------------------------
Minako Koyama "
Old 05-08-2008, 08:49 AM   #99
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
So it's actually available in Japan retail? Or it's still the same "minimum 10 units" deal?
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 04:36 AM   #100
AndiR
Rather interested

Not sure

I didn't ask.

His is email is koyama-m(AT)jp.fujitsu(DOT)com

I have now given up on this as some A4 readers will come out before Fujitsu get the "international" act together.

Regards from Spain, Andi
Old 05-09-2008, 09:26 AM   #101
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
JFYI, Minako is a female name (as most Japanese names ending with -ko)
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:40 AM   #102
joekilner
joekilner began at the beginning.

Device: FujitsuSiemens PocketLOOX 720
Wow, cool device. I have decided that an A4 colour e-reader is exactly what is needed for reading scientific papers (after experimenting holding my laptop on it's side for a bit). The big reason for this being that the documents themselves are formatted for this display and no matter how good your re-formatting it is always easiest to follow the document as the author laid it out. And reducing to A5 doesn't work well even on a printed page for some documents.

The only issues are the slow refresh time and the lowish resolution. Looks like things are getting good enough to be interesting, but not quite good enough to buy yet (unless it's really cheap)...

Also, people have mentioned other A4 readers in this thread, but I couldn't find any info on them...
joekilner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:50 PM   #103
giddion
Connoisseur
giddion doesn't littergiddion doesn't litter

Device: samsung i910 now - cybook later
Here is another video I was able to find, gives a good view of the screen. Lots of glare but less reflection then the other videos.
giddion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:28 AM   #104
Floeee
Groupie
Floeee began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000s *returned* / Sony PRS-505 *returned* / Asus eee PC t91
is it possible to get a flepia in europe
Floeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 05:33 PM   #105
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
not possible to get a flepia anywhere. hasn't been released to the public yet.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote