Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-05-2019, 02:26 AM   #1
psom0ne
psom0ne began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
Share Function Missing

Hi all -

Been a while since I've posted but I noticed something that may have changed w/out my being aware of it. I underlined a passage that I wanted to share via facebook, but the share icon has disappeared. I also see that there's no way to access Facebook or any other social network in the accounts settings. Has Kobo removed this function? I haven't done any patching or tweaking. This is just the regular Kobo software version 4.13.12638. Released a few days back where I am in Paris.

Anybody know how to restore access to more accounts? Why there isn't that option there any longer? Is this a function that was removed a while back and I haven't noticed? The mysteries...

TIA
psom0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 03:18 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The Facebook function has been removed in firmware 4.13.12638. As you have since discovered. If you look at my post in the firmware thread, I did state how to get it back, though I don't actually know if it works completely.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 09:32 AM   #3
psom0ne
psom0ne began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
Thx davidfor - I did a search but must've used the wrong keywords. In fact, it's pretty uncommon for me to share via the reader but I came across a quote that...well...you know, I thought was great enough to actually use the function I used maybe once in all the years I've had it. Go figure.
psom0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 09:51 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
However Authors and Publishers of copyright works might object to content being shared to Facebook as it's allegedly currently in violation of EU laws.
Kobo ought to have a generic "sharing" option via user defined weblink or email if they are doing "share" a highlighted text at all.

You can save the highlight (ideally with a comment) and export to PC etc and then "share" to any platform including Facebook or via email.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accounts missing, facebook, share, share missing