Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-27-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
atoxx
atoxx began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4
Nee Help with Calibre snd iPhone 4

Hi there, i am playing around with Calibre since the announce of iBooks for iPhone, and now i am stuck at a concept for my eBook.
I am trying to get a comic ebook which behaves like the Marvek Comics, so if i tap on the image the image scrolls to the next position, i made this with HTML and Javascript and it works in Safari e.g. but not in Calibre, so i create the EPUB and then after all i click Üreview and it displays anothing than the cover image, so the cover is inside but nothing else, i tried this with a blank DIV where the Javascript makes a Background Image for it, to get the sliding feature, but Calibre does not display it, i even tried to make it a Image but the same, so Calibre seems to get just static Images displayed great but not dynamic, i tried to inspect even the Zip file and Calibre did just the first image inside the package but does not display it at all, anybody knows if this is possible and other thing is:

Is there any Preset to get the Image to fit the iPhone 4 screen for static Images?
Cause i tried it with the default and the images are centered with borders around the image, so they do not fit the screen width, they are smaller , is there any way to fix that? I looked in the device Presets but there is just one for the iPad, but none for the iPhone...

Additionally i tried with another book to make a Table with content to split elements per Pages on the iphone and set there aBackground image, this was shown on the Preview but not on the ibooks app, anyone knows if this is possible or how to do it?
atoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:31 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quite how to solve your problem I am not sure. However you cannot use Javascript in an eBook. You have to stick to using (X)HTML and CSS.

It might be worth trying to set this up in Sigil which is an ePub editor.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2010, 04:11 PM   #3
atoxx
atoxx began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4
I tried Sigil but this App is more confusing than helpful, i cannot figure it out with this App, sorry...
atoxx is offline   Reply With Quote