Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-15-2010, 01:41 AM   #1
millydog
Connoisseur
millydog doesn't littermillydog doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPhone X, iPad Pro
Mobipocket 6.0 for PC

I am trying to find the 6.0 version of Mobipocket for Windows. The current version is 6.2, but I'm after 6.0 (theory is that I can get the PID that way).
Does anyone have it or know of where I can get it.
Many thanks,
Jodi
millydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 05:24 AM   #2
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
i happen to have it. PM your email addy and i will send it to you
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2010, 09:38 AM   #3
millydog
Connoisseur

Thank you. PM sent.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:39 PM   #4
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did it work? I am on a Mac and tried it under Parallels with windows 7 but it didnt recognize the kindle
Old 06-15-2010, 08:25 PM   #5
rcuadro
Wizard

Just tried it on my netbook and it also did not see my Kindle DX (US) with 6.0 but it did with 6.2
Oh well
Advert
Old 06-15-2010, 09:55 PM   #6
rcuadro
Wizard

Ok, just tried it using windows xp and mobireader 6 and I got a PID... the same one as with the KindlePID script.
Huh...
Old 06-15-2010, 10:22 PM   #7
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
I'm confused. Is the OP attempting to acquire the PID of the Kindle, or MobiReader?
I can do both on my machine running XP Pro and MobiReader 6.2
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:35 AM   #8
millydog
Connoisseur

I got it to work.....I also have a Mac as my main computer. I installed Mobipocket 6.0 on my Eee PC running Windows 7 & it didn't recognize the Kindle 2i. However, I tried it again on my work PC running XP & it recognized the K2i & gave me the PID.
So, yes, I was after the PID of the K2i....and finally have it.

I had previously tried with Mobipocket 6.2 (on Windows 7 & XP) and it didn't recognize the K2i. Also, the python script that I had could have been an old one since it said my serial was invalid. I have another version of that script now, but I am not home yet & able to try it since my K2i has a protective sticker covering the serial & it's on the box but that is at home. I'll try it later since I am curious if it will work with my serial now.

Thank you for the offers of help.

Jodi
Old 06-16-2010, 06:29 AM   #9
millydog
Connoisseur

I just wanted to add that the newer python script worked with my serial number....so it confirms that I was just using an old version and that the script does still work with new Kindles.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:26 PM   #10
masterpeace
masterpeace began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
i happen to have it. PM your email addy and i will send it to you
I'm also looking for Mobipocket 6.0. Do you still have a copy you're willing to share? Afterall, it's Xmas and all that....

thanks, Masterpeace
sail435-mpeace@yahoo.com
masterpeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #11
naderdreta
naderdreta began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Pc
I need that version too.
naderdreta@hotmail.com
Thanks in advance
naderdreta is offline   Reply With Quote