Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 09-02-2012, 05:07 PM   #1
TonyGamble
Groupie
TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Has anyone rooted the 950?

As above.

I have the T1, but fancy the larger screen of the 950.

Nothing more to add.....

Tony
TonyGamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:53 PM   #2
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Sonys pre T1 models don't use Android, they are based on (montavista-) Linux as OS and the FSK-framework from kinoma for GUI and Apps.

You may have a look at PRS+ here at MR and the project-page

BTW where to get a 950 for a reasonable price?
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2012, 03:53 PM   #3
Shark69
Zealot
Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGamble View Post
As above.

I have the T1, but fancy the larger screen of the 950.

Nothing more to add.....

Tony
PRS-950 hasn't Android OS underneath
It can not be rooted as we understand to do it in PRS-T1.
Shark69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #4
TonyGamble
Groupie
TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Shark,

Yes. I have not found it yet.

Reasonble price? Google

T.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #5
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
I think you can install PRS+ on it, but yeah as others have said it isn't Android.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2012, 04:22 AM   #6
TonyGamble
Groupie

Hullo again,

I'm not sure what I meant when I said I had not found it yet!! However, it was probably after dinner and the odd glass of tincture...

But, yes, they are on eBay - but not many with people prepared to ship to the UK.

I rooted my T1 as (a) I wanted to install a simple email facility (b) I wanted a better browser and most importantly (c) I wanted to be able to back up the device to a removable Micro SD card. The latter enabling me to replace the T1 if it ever gets lost/broken/stolen.

Tony