Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 11-24-2011, 08:18 PM   #151
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
BTW my plasma is gone and looking for 2 capacitors 250uV, 820uF, 105 C. do you know a good EU/UK source for them. I can not find them in UK. TDA fuses managed to get some, but those have "belly" now and is the next repair job after PE.
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:47 AM   #152
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
You could try RS http://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/passiv...ors/aluminium/ just select the values from the left hand dropdowns.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2011, 07:11 PM   #153
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

thanks found http://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/passives/capacitors/aluminium/?sort-by=default&sort-order=default&applied-dimensions=4294670548,%204294675721,4294884606&las tAttributeSelectedBlock=Voltage
is 250uV same as 250V. my capacitors are chunky ones.
before my tv went for good. it started by not going in the standby when switch off from the socket. if left off for 3 hrs than was starting fine. and also once on standby was working fine. our last power cut was killing and the 2 capacitors with those specs are having little belly. also there are some TDA (time delay) fuses I am going to check. Really in this through away society, not prepare to dispose a 5 year old plasma... sorry to hijkack this, but Ivan seems to be the most knowledgeable hardware chap around.
What I hate are the 67 torx screws holding the back panel.
Old 11-26-2011, 06:55 AM   #154
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Think yourself lucky that they used screws to hold the back on - most modern monitors are just clipped together and it's a right PITA to get apart.

I assume the caps are in a switch-mode power supply and are in series, in which case the voltage is OK. If they are not in series then you would be better getting 380V units.

Again, if they are in the power supply then you should also try and get ones with low ESR.

One other thing I must say - be very careful when poking about with the power supply - undischarged caps of that size can *kill*!
Old 11-26-2011, 08:31 AM   #155
vicinc
Guru

ok, only 8 of the torx screws will go back. I think they are serial, how would I know? they are in a power module indeed which looks like switched, and have a slight belly, I think they are the culprits, the strange was the 3-4 hrs off time before restarting on standby, before going for good, looks like a capacitor reset, isn;t it? I know about capacitors and discharging them. my physics is quite ok, I used to build radios from kits 25 years ago, but have not done any serious soldering since than.
Advert
Old 11-26-2011, 05:03 PM   #156
ivanjt
Guru

Series - negative of one connects to positive of the other.

Parallel - positive of one connects to positive of other, negative connects to negative.

If you're not going to put all the screws back check they're not there because they need to be there - as in distributing a load evenly.

50 odd years ago I was building radios from government surplus parts from shops on Tottenham Court Road - those were the days!
Old 11-26-2011, 06:39 PM   #157
vicinc
Guru

I have to get my voltmeter out of hibernation....
the body is all metal and the screws are holding the back panel only. the whole thing is weighting 40 kgs i thing but very good image. looks very industrial, this is why I like it....
50 years ago I was not even in my parents plans!!