Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 08-17-2010, 05:17 PM   #1
Kuggie
Edge User

Troubles zooming in on pdf.

I was hoping someone here could offer me some advice. I use my Edge to read a lot of scientific journal articles and it works extremely well. My problem is that most articles show up with really small text on the e-Ink side. When I click the zoom-in button on the side of the screen it doesn't zoom in. Maybe this is just a restriction on the file itself? I am not sure what the problem is but if anybody could offer any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Kuggie

Old 08-17-2010, 05:21 PM   #2
MichaelV
Edge User

it is a bug with the pdf reflow. other readers like alex reader do not have this problem!

Advert
Old 08-17-2010, 05:24 PM   #3
fgruber
Edge User

maybe you can provide an example pdf? What happen when you use the buttons on the screen like zoom region and so on? Do they work?

Old 08-17-2010, 08:54 PM   #4
sarah11918
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgruber View Post
What happen when you use the buttons on the screen like zoom region and so on? Do they work?
That was the question I was going to ask. I've noticed that the physical zoom button and the on-screen zoom button work slightly differently (the level of zoom might be different?) but they both do work just fine on pdfs for me. I mostly have documents I've printed to pdf or web pages I've printed as pdf, and those files do zoom using both methods. Do you know how your pdfs are created?

Old 08-17-2010, 10:07 PM   #5
Chubulor
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuggie View Post
I was hoping someone here could offer me some advice. I use my Edge to read a lot of scientific journal articles and it works extremely well. My problem is that most articles show up with really small text on the e-Ink side. When I click the zoom-in button on the side of the screen it doesn't zoom in. Maybe this is just a restriction on the file itself? I am not sure what the problem is but if anybody could offer any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Kuggie
I think you have to click the zoom button and then select (by dragging the stylus from top left to bottom right) the rectangle you want to zoom into. But that might be a different zoom button. I'm firing up my edge in a few minutes so I'll check to be sure.

Edit: As sarah mentioned, there are a few different zoom options. There's the physical button on the side, the zoom button fourth from the left on top of the screen, and then the "rectangle zoom" sixth from the left which you have to select a rectangle after clicking. See if any of them work better.

Last edited by Chubulor; 08-17-2010 at 10:14 PM.

Advert