Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-02-2011, 02:35 PM   #1
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
Unhappy Author LA Banks died today

I am in shock, even though I knew she was very ill.

While she was not my favorite author, she was a rather young author and I enjoyed a handful of her work. What I liked about the Vampire Huntress series the most is that when my BFF's mom would yell at me for reading such "goddless garbage" I could always pull out an LA Banks book to show that religion and fantasy don't have to be at odds with one another.

From Here
Quote:
Novelist L.A. Banks has died after a battle with late stage adrenal cancer.

Leslie Esdaile wrote many novels under different pseudonyms, but published her popular Vampire Huntress Legend series and the Crimson Moon series under the name of L.A. Banks. The writer will be honored at a memorial event on August 6th.

Her fan club president posted this brief message on Facebook; add your thoughts and tributes there: “It is with profound sadness that I announce that Leslie Esdaile Banks, our Queen literary passed this morning. I will share details of funeral arrangements as soon as they become available.”
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:30 PM   #2
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
That's too bad. I haven't read that series but I do remember hearing she was quite ill.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2011, 06:45 PM   #3
Danielle
Enthusiast
Danielle can eat soup with a fork.Danielle can eat soup with a fork.Danielle can eat soup with a fork.Danielle can eat soup with a fork.Danielle can eat soup with a fork.Danielle can eat soup with a fork.Danielle can eat soup with a fork.Danielle can eat soup with a fork.Danielle can eat soup with a fork.Danielle can eat soup with a fork.Danielle can eat soup with a fork.

Device: sony 950, eReader from eBookwise.com (sold)
I read this on another website -- this is so sad. I didn't read her.

RIP - L.A.
Danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:42 PM   #4
Montana Mills
Groupie
Montana Mills is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Montana Mills is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Montana Mills is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Montana Mills is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Montana Mills is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Montana Mills is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Montana Mills is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Montana Mills is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Montana Mills is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Montana Mills is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Montana Mills is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Nook
Very sad. I only heard about her cancer yesterday. RIP.
Montana Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:47 PM   #5
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Wasn't aware of adrenal cancer. How painful this must be for those close to her.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2011, 05:39 AM   #6
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Oh wow...that's sad. I've never read, nor had any desire to read any of her books...but I've heard of her, so I guess that's something.

Either way, very sad, RIP.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:42 PM   #7
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
Ah man, that is awful. I have recently grabbed a few of her books, having been recommended her by a friend. Had no idea she was ill. She was relatively young, no?

RIP...
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:49 PM   #8
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
...She was relatively young, no?

RIP...
Early 50s I believe.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:54 PM   #9
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
I've heard nothing but good things about her from those who knew her. My condolences to her family and friends.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:28 PM   #10
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
There's a donation fund set up to help her family offset the cost of her hospital bills.

http://liarsclubphilly.com/?p=1958
Nancy Fulda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:18 PM   #11
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
She wasn't a favorite of mine but she entertained me with the first few in the Vampire series. A bit too romance-y for my taste but she had some talent. RIP.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote