Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #196
jackhulk
Connoisseur
jackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: K3 3G
Yeah I have tetris rom in folder, but even if that folder was empty it shouldn't matter as the program (kindlet, app - what IS the correct term please?) would still run as it gives the user a choice of which rom they would like to load.

Haven't installed USBnet net, but I plan too. Only jailbroke few days ago so still just working my through all the goodies that come with it. I NEVER expected to find a gba emulator running on kindle! Great stuff!

Last edited by jackhulk; 12-07-2012 at 10:12 PM.
jackhulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:13 PM   #197
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
app in this context.

kindlets are things that use a java wrapper.
Perhaps a bit of time on the Wiki would be helpful?

I will read up and have a quick look what the issue is.

EDIT: Okay...

Could you post the contents of... fbgnuboy/rungame

(as in the script)

and you could try invoking the gnuboy thingy yourself via myts.

I HIGHLY recommend getting used to doing this.

Logging in via SSH, running the app on the shell. you can see the errors!!!

YAY! Juicy errors!!

"Failure" can mean so many things... (bad path, bad permissions, file in MSDOS format, other stuff)

HTH.

Last edited by twobob; 12-07-2012 at 10:17 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2012, 10:24 PM   #198
jackhulk
Connoisseur
jackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Quote:
#!/bin/sh
#================================================= ==
# getkb - get translated ascii keys from K3 keyboard
# v1.2 by geekmaster
# STDOUT: pressed keys, until Enter key pressed.
#---------------------------------------------------
getkb() {
eips -z 2 38 # scroll
XP=0
YP=39
DN=/dev/null
KN="1234567890____qwertyuiop____asdfghjkl_____zxc v bnm_."
KS="1234567890____QWERTYUIOP____ASDFGHJKL_____ZXC V BNM_,"
KP="1234567890____~@#$%^&*()____<>[]{}?/\_____;:'|-+=_?"
KM=$KN
ST=""
while :;do
eips $XP $YP "$ST""_ "
L="_"
set $(waitforkey); K=$1 D=$2
[[ $D -eq 0 ]]&& continue
# [[ $K -eq 28 ]]&& break # enter
[[ $K -eq 190 ]]&& break # use Aa for enter
[[ $K -eq 14 ]]&& ST="$(echo ${ST%?})" && continue # del
[[ $K -eq 42 ]]&& KM=$KS && continue # shift
[[ $K -eq 126 ]]&& KM=$KP && continue # Sym
[[ $K -eq 57 ]]&& L=" " # space
[[ $K -le 52 ]]&& L="$(echo \"$KM\"|cut -b$K-$K)"
# [[ "$L" == "_" ]]&& L="($K)"
[[ "$L" == "_" ]]&& continue
# echo -n "$L"
ST="$ST$L"
KM=$KN
done
echo "$ST"
}

putei() {
st=$1
ii=${#st}
while [ $ii -ge 0 ]
do
eips -z 2 38 # scroll
eips 0 39 "$(echo $st | cut -b-50)" # write to the bottom
st="$(echo $st | cut -b51-)"
ii=$(( ii - 50 ))
done
}

killall -stop cvm launchpad 2> /dev/null
cd /mnt/us/fbgnuboy
eips -c;
putei "fbgnuboy - Games Boy Advanced Emulator"
putei ""
putei "Available ROMS -"
putei "$(ls ./roms | sed -e 's/\.[a-zA-Z]*$//')"
putei ""
putei "Execute Which ROM?"
game="$(getkb)"
#draw picture frame
eips -g ./gb-flash.jpg
sleep 1
HOME=/tmp ./fbgnuboy ./roms/"$game".g* 2> /mnt/us/gnuboy.log
killall -cont cvm launchpad 2> /dev/null
Launchpad .ini and rungame created in notepad++

Haven't set up USBnet so unable to SSH (I always tend to do things the hard way!). I've got the wiki page bookmarked, lots to learn, just whizzing around everywhere at the moment seeing what's possible. I will of course sort out SSH access as my next task.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:26 PM   #199
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
did you set notepad++ to use unix line endings? that could be your problem...
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:46 PM   #200
jackhulk
Connoisseur

You've hit the nail on the head qlob!! Silly boy Jackhulk! The .ini was fine, but hadn't use correct line endings for rungame!

Although to be fair I'm not too familiar with line endings! Even though I use linux files with my AZ BOX (satellite receiver), it's always existing files I'm editing, and so the line endings are already correct. The .ini file I got lucky with because I opened an existing one and saved as, where as with rungame, I created a new file.

I'm playing original GB tetris now on my kindle! This is awesome, thanks guys! Off to bed now though and will have a further tinker tomorrow. Has anybody a list of games which run well so far? Twobob, what are the chances of sound one day? It's always more more more with us isn't it! But we do like more!

Last edited by jackhulk; 12-07-2012 at 11:00 PM.
Advert
Old 12-07-2012, 11:04 PM   #201
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah I looked at sound.

I had an issue getting an alsa lib but I had an idea that I could just grab one off of the kindle so maybe I could get it to compile.

Much of the code is already there. (Hawhill maybe?) I did have a play. perhaps if I get my TC tamed one day I can revist.

Glad you liked the emulator. Hawhill does ace work
Old 12-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #202
jackhulk
Connoisseur

I've found a small problem when it asked 'Execute Which ROM?'. Problem being three keyboard keys are mapped incorrectly.

Pressing the followings gives these results...

m = n
n = b
b = space.

Had a quick peak in rungame to see what I could see, and changed lines 12 & 13 from this...

Quote:
KN="1234567890____qwertyuiop____asdfghjkl_____zxc v bnm_."
KS="1234567890____QWERTYUIOP____ASDFGHJKL_____ZXC V BNM_,"
to this...

Quote:
KN="1234567890____qwertyuiop____asdfghjkl_____zxcv bnm_."
KS="1234567890____QWERTYUIOP____ASDFGHJKL_____ZXCV BNM_,"
...and to my surprise it corrected the error.

Clearly then my understand has come on leaps and bounds (since yesterday), and so now I'll be attempting to create an emulator for the Xbox 360 to run on Kindle if anyone is interested.

EDIT: That's strange. You can notice the space between v and b. In my post, as I look at it now, in my corrected lines, I've deleted the space between v and b, but submit the post, and a space is created?! So problem of the space between the v and the b is created by the forum. Looking at post #145 where I copied script from, I now see the space is there too.

Last edited by jackhulk; 12-09-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:18 PM   #203
twobob

yeah I had noticed that. nice fix
Old 12-08-2012, 10:42 PM   #204
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
yeah I had noticed that. nice fix
Code gets messed up in quote blocks. MUCH better to put it in code blocks. The script that those lines of code were borrowed from worked correctly in their original format.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:49 AM   #205
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Code gets messed up in quote blocks. MUCH better to put it in code blocks. The script that those lines of code were borrowed from worked correctly in their original format.
The "Quote" formatter generates blank spaces at a maximum line length.
The "Code" formatter generates a horizontal scroll bar.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:50 AM   #206
jackhulk
Connoisseur

I thought the quotes could have something to do with it, so I posted as normal text but the space was still introduced.

KN="1234567890____qwertyuiop____asdfghjkl_____zxcv bnm_."
KS="1234567890____QWERTYUIOP____ASDFGHJKL_____ZXCV BNM_,"

As I posted the above, there are no spaces.

EDIT: Now the forum has introduced the space between v and b.

Either way, I just wanted to point out to others in case they come across this problem when running the emulator and wondering what is wrong.

Last edited by jackhulk; 12-09-2012 at 08:52 AM.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:41 AM   #207
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As I said previously, you need to wrap code in code blocks like this:
Code:
KN="1234567890____qwertyuiop____asdfghjkl_____zxcvbnm_."
KS="1234567890____QWERTYUIOP____ASDFGHJKL_____ZXCVBNM_,"
Or as can be seen in many of my posts, I prefer to wrap my code in php blocks:
PHP Code:
KN="1234567890____qwertyuiop____asdfghjkl_____zxcvbnm_."
KS="1234567890____QWERTYUIOP____ASDFGHJKL_____ZXCVBNM_," 
I like colorful code syntax highlighting.

Last edited by geekmaster; 12-09-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:49 AM   #208
jackhulk
Connoisseur

Gotcha, but the original script (#145) was in code blocks and a space was still added, although it was within spoiler also.

Colours are fun
Old 12-09-2012, 12:01 PM   #209
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhulk View Post
Gotcha, but the original script (#145) was in code blocks and a space was still added, although it was within spoiler also.

Colours are fun
I have never seen code blocks or php blocks inserting spaces. Perhaps it was an artifact of how you edited it.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:12 PM   #210
jackhulk
Connoisseur

I didn't edit it, copied straight from the original.

As said the space is present in the original post, post #145 by twobob on page 10, which is in code blocks BUT also within spoilers, which may have resulted in the space being added, as is the case when used with quote blocks.

But it's really no big deal. I was just pointing out in case another newbie such as me uses the script and wonders what is going on with the funky keys.